S.O.T.D Saturday 23rd July to Friday 29th July 2016

28437846741_653436a348_z.jpg

Arko (crushed into a spare tub), Muhle synth, Gillette Rocket HD, Gillette sharp edge, Floid Vigoroso AS. A great shave, two discoveries.... I had forgotten how good Arko is and Gillette 7o'clock Yellow blades are superb.

Sunday AM 2016-07-24

élan bowl
Rooney 3/1 Finest (22mm/44mm)
Harrods (Floris) Cologne shaving soap (tallow) + XPEC Unscented shaving cream (original version)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Windrose Z1
Wilkinson Light Brigade (1)
Cussons aftershave (vintage)

The Harrods soap and XPEC cream made an excellent superlather, but the XPEC really is a little too thick for the purpose.
rrg8oz6.jpg

DSC_0365_zpsl3ms4c0b.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Friodur Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
ARKO Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Super Close Shave Today with My Friodur 7/8th..I Always Get Deceptively Close Shave with this SR & it Swooshes Like a Scythe when Stropped..I Always Nick Myself with this SR for Some Reason..Its Got a Laser Edge on this Stainless Blade & I Don't Use it Enough..;)

My Brother Sent Me this Awful ARKO Soap & it Burned My Cheeks to Hell..I Wasn't Impressed with the Performance of it any Roads..I Felt the Chemicals & Rinsed it Off after My 1st Pass..I am Not Impressed with Mr ARKO..:mad:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Burning all the Way to Hell & Back..:D

Billy

That's what those Bumps are For..The Double Sided Gem Blade has No Spine..The Bumps Seat the Blade to Compensate for That by Lifting it Up..This Modification came Out with the Double Sided Blades & all the Micromatic Family Have these Bumps because they were the Only Models for these Blades.. :D

Billy
Hi Billy,
i have had MM with the Bumps, but the OC I used today as no bumps at all ? So is this a later/ earlier model to those with the bumps.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom