S.O.T.D Saturday 23rd July to Friday 29th July 2016

View attachment 19865 This is my first shave using the Hone type 15, I will be shaving with this razor only for a full week so I can properly evaluate it and pass my findings on to you day by day.I will be using the same shave soap throughout the week MWF, the only thing I will change is the make of blade every two days.
So today the blade was a new feather, started with my normal routine of a shower while the soap was blooming and the razor and brush were soaking in warm/ hot water.( brush omega boar )
Now skin fully hydrated I splashed some of the bloom water on my face and whipped up a slick lather in my bowl.
The first thing I noticed was how the razor stayed warm after being taken out of the water.....nice. First pass WTG , found the correct angle of attack on the second swipe very easy to find, feeling right, sounding right, smooth and easy to shave with.
The first pass removed a good amount of beard on par with any good razor.
Second pass...XTG ,the same ,very smooth shaving taking the growth down as you would expect from a good razor.
Third pass ATG, again very smooth shaving ,completed the pass and felt what was a perfectly smooth face. Wow with a new feather blade this razor was very good, it was better than my ASD2 and as good if not slightly better than my ATT M2.
All in all for my first shave this was fantastic ,giving a perfect shave without any nicks or irritation, I followed up with a splash of witch hazel and once dry a drop of tabac shaving balm.
Tomorrow I will use the feather blade for a second time and pass my findings on to you, I will try to keep it shorter for you also.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I hope you all have a pleasant day.
Wow, better than the ATT? Blimey. Nice review, thanks.

I have both the standard gap and one with a .74 gap as well. I feel more blade on the increased gap but the shave is very similar. The Timeless OC is their equal in the shave.

Thanks, that has told me what I needed to know. Just a case of getting the cash together now. I hate this RAD and the doctors cant do a thing for me!

Route 66 Sweeney Todd
Wolf Whiskers Brush
Wade and Butcher 7/8
Alum
Thayers WH
PAA Déjà Fougère AS
Have fun!
13b32f6565867b65e160cbe512ba5f12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom