S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

How would you describe the smell of the PAA Harvest Moon you utter dong-dangler, you? :p I jest, of course.
Now that's a really tricky one, to me it certainly doesn't smell the way it's described.
While I was shaving I was trying to put my finger on it, it almost comes across as hospital smell! This sounds bad, but it's not.
There's a bit of patchouli, maybe a bit of sandlewood, it's fresh and clean. I'm here now sniffing it and still struggling with what it faintly reminds me of.
Germolene!!!! That's it! Would explain the hospital, cleanliness etc.

Thanks guy's..

I know I'm not alone, back pain is very common.
My problem is the dreaded L5 S1, and degenerative disc disease.
It began when I was just 15, I'm 47 now.
This is my second bout that's been bad enough to be off work with this year.
I'm hoping to be back to work next Monday, it's driving me nuts being stuck at home and knowing I've got lots of work getting further behind.
Get yourself a good osteopath. I've had one for the last 25 years or so, every 6 weeks. Like clockwork.
Let's start a ' bad back' forum...:D

Evening shave,

Baxters of California Face Wash.
MWF.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm synthetic.
Supply Provision Single Edge.
Personna Blade (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Old Spice Aftershave.

Proud and happy member of the Fat Club now. So I can move on to a different soap tomorrow knowing that the Fat will be a regular in my shaving routine. I had a good 3 pass shave with the Supply Provision (courtesy of @Blademonkey and @riverrun), but will reserve overall judgement until I have used it a couple more times. But my face is very smooth, and it feels great!

1ZTTdxI.jpg

"Two razor" shave.

Sotd - Thursday 29/6 -

Razor - Ikon 103 slant on a ES Braveheart handle
Blade - Polsilver SI
Brush - Maseto 30mm silvertip
Soap - Williams Ice-Fresh menthol cream Spanish version
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Spanish version
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - how good was that? Very good indeed - I can't actually remember the last time I had a crap shave but that was one of the most enjoyable in a long time. If you are partial to a slant and haven't tried this razor, it's excellent for me. You can get it head-only for not that much money. It's super efficient - pretty much the only way I think I could hurt myself with it is to poke the handle in my eye. Initially I found the lack of auditory feedback a bit odd - the first time I used it, I genuinely thought 'did I put a blade in this?' It's not hissy about blades and has worked with anything I've chucked into it. The Williams cream and aftershave are stupidly good for the few euros I paid for them. Anyway - none of that is important.

First use of the Maseto silvertip - paint me purple and call me Susan - I'm impressed. For reference - I bought this from a member that had kindly done the de-funking duties but hadn't used it in anger. It's the 30mm knot with a black handle. It will be compared to my beloved Chubby 2 - Best - the only other brush I own that falls into the same class. I solely face lather. Out the box the tips are exquisitely soft - it comes with an oddly tall drying stand. It's hefty - heavier than the CH2 - the handle is very much Chubby-like but has a more raised rib at the bottom - it's very comfortable and you aren't going to drop it. The knot is indeed very dense. Bulb shaped but I'm sure that will spread to a more fan shape when it's properly broken in. Rinsed it well, gave it a gentle shake and left it upright at the edge of the sink while I showered. Smeared some of the Williams onto the knot and off we went. Superb - it feels - well - luxurious? It's incredibly soft - not in a sloppy or floppy way. I think the relatively short loft takes care of that. It still has face feel but it's like velvet. Don't get me wrong, it is a 'wall of badger' sort of brush but I like that sometimes. The lather built easily and rapidly but it didn't descend into the knot - easily given up. Superb. I'm deeply smitten. My best friend and shave buddy is 50 next month - I know what he's getting for his birthday. In fact he is so dear to me that I might get him a two-band as well - at the price. One for myself also - of course, save on postage. Ultimately it depends on what you like a brush to do for you - if you fancy being lowered face first into a skip full of badgers - I couldn't recommend it too highly. That was only the first use and - dear reader - it didn't shed a hair. cheers - I. Oh - does anybody know what the strange plastic loop thingy that was in the box is for?

@Bizzyberry @AnthH

Sotd - Thursday 29/6 -

Blade - Polsilver SI
Post - Witch hazel
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - how good was that? Very good indeed - I can't actually remember the last time I had a crap shave but that was one of the most enjoyable in a long time. If you are partial to a slant and haven't tried this razor, it's excellent for me. You can get it head-only for not that much money. It's super efficient - pretty much the only way I think I could hurt myself with it is to poke the handle in my eye. Initially I found the lack of auditory feedback a bit odd - the first time I used it, I genuinely thought 'did I put a blade in this?' It's not hissy about blades and has worked with anything I've chucked into it. The Williams cream and aftershave are stupidly good for the few euros I paid for them. Anyway - none of that is important.

First use of the Maseto silvertip - paint me purple and call me Susan - I'm impressed. For reference - I bought this from a member that had kindly done the de-funking duties but hadn't used it in anger. It's the 30mm knot with a black handle. It will be compared to my beloved Chubby 2 - Best - the only other brush I own that falls into the same class. I solely face lather. Out the box the tips are exquisitely soft - it comes with an oddly tall drying stand. It's hefty - heavier than the CH2 - the handle is very much Chubby-like but has a more raised rib at the bottom - it's very comfortable and you aren't going to drop it. The knot is indeed very dense. Bulb shaped but I'm sure that will spread to a more fan shape when it's properly broken in. Rinsed it well, gave it a gentle shake and left it upright at the edge of the sink while I showered. Smeared some of the Williams onto the knot and off we went. Superb - it feels - well - luxurious? It's incredibly soft - not in a sloppy or floppy way. I think the relatively short loft takes care of that. It still has face feel but it's like velvet. Don't get me wrong, it is a 'wall of badger' sort of brush but I like that sometimes. The lather built easily and rapidly but it didn't descend into the knot - easily given up. Superb. I'm deeply smitten. My best friend and shave buddy is 50 next month - I know what he's getting for his birthday. In fact he is so dear to me that I might get him a two-band as well - at the price. One for myself also - of course, save on postage. Ultimately it depends on what you like a brush to do for you - if you fancy being lowered face first into a skip full of badgers - I couldn't recommend it too highly. That was only the first use and - dear reader - it didn't shed a hair. cheers - I. Oh - does anybody know what the strange plastic loop thingy that was in the box is for?

@Bizzyberry @AnthH
great brushes mate well worth the money I was wondering the same thing about the plastic loop thingy :)

How do you rate the RazoRock Disruptor brush?
I've just bought one for my son, he's just getting in to DE shaving and has been struggling with a Wilkinson Sword brush.
Hi Paul,
In a nutshell, it's a fantastic brush. It has a 22mm Plissoft knot with super soft tips (feels like a generous 22mm) yet makes easy work of either hard soaps or cream. It has a good looking, ergonomic handle that is tall enough for bowl lathering, but not so tall that it can't be used for face lathering. A bit of a 'Swiss Army' brush really and, as you know, it doesn't break the bank!
I think your son will be very happy with it :)

+1 Is it a key ring? :)

W. That occurred to me.

it doesn't look like a key ring its some sort of lock I thought it might be to lock the brush to the stand but its not wide enough :)

A - Ha ha - I like the fact we address complex and difficult issues nightly here. Why would you want to lock a brush onto the stand? I live in a pretty dodgy part of Glasgow but I have never considered bolting down my badgers. cheers - I.

Sotd - Thursday 29/6 -

Blade - Polsilver SI
Post - Witch hazel
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

@Bizzyberry @AnthH
The strange loopy thing is a key ring.

The silvertip sounds good, I am really enjoying my 30mm finest it too has that being lowered face first into a skip full of badgers feel. My other brushes are already starting to get jealous.

When I buy another brush it will be a Maseto, and very likely a Silvertip.

Hi Paul,
In a nutshell, it's a fantastic brush. It has a 22mm Plissoft knot with super soft tips (feels like a generous 22mm) yet makes easy work of either hard soaps or cream. It has a good looking, ergonomic handle that is tall enough for bowl lathering, but not so tall that it can't be used for face lathering. A bit of a 'Swiss Army' brush really and, as you know, it doesn't break the bank!
I think your son will be very happy with it :)

Thanks for your thoughts on the Disruptor, I think I need one now !

My son used his for the first time tonight and sent me this pic of its performance.
He used a couple of shavings from a Palmolive stick

He's really chuffed with it.
He managed three passes and had enough lather to shave his head too.

I guess you could say this is "his" first shave of the day !

Back
Top Bottom