Shower (after a 10mile cycling TT)
Semogue 830
TOBS Limes
Rapira Swedish Supersteel [2]
Merkur Progress
Alum
Nivea Moisturiser
Floris Elite
This could have been the best shave I've had, but was completely let down by the TOBS - again!
I honestly think it is rubbish and certainly no better than the Wilkinson Sword soap that everyone hates.
Poor amount lather and it has zero slickness for the razor to glide on. Have I got a duff batch?
The Progress/Rapira combo is sublime though.

rowlers said:
This could have been the best shave I've had, but was completely let down by the TOBS - again!
I honestly think it is rubbish and certainly no better than the Wilkinson Sword soap that everyone hates.
Poor amount lather and it has zero slickness for the razor to glide on. Have I got a duff batch?

Possibly, but how much are you using? Try using lots, lts more and see how you get on?

p.b said:
rowlers said:

Possibly, but how much are you using? Try using lots, lts more and see how you get on?

I think I'm using enough? But I'll certainly try and load the brush a bit more. Swirled the brush in the soap for maybe 20seconds?

rowlers said:
p.b said:
rowlers said:

I think I'm using enough? But I'll certainly try and load the brush a bit more. Swirled the brush in the soap for maybe 20seconds?

At the bottom of this thread Gravy says he loads for between 30 & 60 seconds (same soap).
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-26473.html

Try the full 60 and see how that works out?

14285849763_9dd80cc631_c.jpg

rowlers said:
Shower (after a 10mile cycling TT)
Semogue 830
TOBS Limes
Rapira Swedish Supersteel [2]
Merkur Progress
Alum
Nivea Moisturiser
Floris Elite
The Progress/Rapira combo is sublime though.

Could be your brush if your using a brand new boar? They'll take a while to break in before you get true results.

Today's Shave

ikon OC Deluxe
Wilkinson Sword Blade
Nanny's Grapefruit & Lemongrass
S Woodhead suribachi Bowl
Kent BK12 Brush
Superdrug Sierran Breeze Aftershave Lotion

Result BSS WTG :)

Cold water splash
La Toja Stick (grated)
Vulfix Grosvenor reknotted w/ TGN Finest Badger
ATT Atlas M2
Astra (3)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M-Lotion

Saturday:
First breakfast,

then the shave,

great cream, great razor and blade. Finished off with Speick ASL.

Sunday:

Sputniks and the iKon just don't seem to work together. Everything else was very, very good. Needed the Speick ASL and some Myrsol Emulsion to calm the slightly hot feel and three nicks. I'll be putting the sputnik into the Weber tomorrow.

This'll be my shave tomorrow, Monday:

New to this forum shaveing has always been a chor but since reading things on this forum I dug out my old razor and bought some DR blades and now I take my time in shaveing and it is a lot More pleasurable and I have a lot cleaner shave a big thank you.

Back
Top Bottom