S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th Febuary to Friday 3rd March 2017

Morning gents,

Time for my weekly post SOTD post! That's how it has felt recently. Life has been very busy so I'm only getting the chance to shave every 5/6/7 days. Once again, today was another shave of a couple of firsts. Using another new razor to me, the Slim Adjustable Long Handle and a Polsilver Super Stainless blade. Having not got the best shaves out of the Pass around Fatboy when I had it, I wasn't expecting the best from this razor, but was pleasantly surprised. Black Beauty (my ATG Shavemac) got a run out for what seems like the first time in a long time!

Lathered up with 1912 Cashmere, fantastic as usual and the brush performed superbly. Loaded the fresh Polsilver into the Slim at a setting of 5. Now, the first pass wasn't the best, there was a bit too much beard for it to deal with, but it wasn't overly tuggy and certainly not painful or anything like that, it was just a bit longer than usual. I was thinking as I went round, that this will be a really nice razor with a bit less beard to mow through. Lathered up for the second pass and this was deemed to be true, nice, easy second pass, leaving me smooth (not the best finish in the world), but I was happy with two passes considering the razor. No irritation, no weepers, no nicks. A good result and I look forward to using it again… However, I don't really like the handle, it's too long and it's too thin, I got used to it over the course of the shave, but didn't particularly like any of the different positions I ended up holding it in!

A good shave though, it's Friday, I've had an awful journey into work, but not long to go before a very busy weekend. Have a good one chaps.

img_20170302_231620-01-jpeg.8878

16908390_1495548623811004_272539142632505344_n_zps4sx0tbcg.jpg

Brush: Razorock Disruptor 22mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Soap: Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream For Sensitive Skin

Day 5, this cream must regenerate overnight..

Good shave, first with the Gillette Rocket and first in a long time with a Voskhod since my last blade was a duff blade. Very pleasant and I expect to finish the tub in another two or three shaves.

3rd March 2017

Prep: Warm shower and Proraso White Pre-shave
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Brush: Plisson Maison de Barbier Synthetic
Soap: Palmolive Lemon
Edt: Caron Pour un Homme Sport (sample)

It's a dull, miserable day out there today and the rain is bucketing down so I felt like some bright citrus was sorely needed for my shave this morning. Two passes with the Sensor and a quick spritz of Caron PUH sport and I am smooth as a baby dolphin, refreshed and smelling good. Have a great Friday everyone!

f8CdCIe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom