S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

30298aa071c5887051cefc18e2563a24.jpg

Gartbnx....

2jaxpu0.jpg

Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Personna Super Med Prep (2)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Post: Thayers Rose, Phoenix and Beau Balm & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

A good shave, I don't know what it is this week but I have been having good albeit rough shaves, getting the odd micro cut here and there. The soap lathers superbly, by far my favourite scent from P&B. The balm is alright but doesn't soak in too well, a bit greasy and residual grease that I can still feel. Nature of the beast I guess from it being an oil based balm.

What a difference in the weather here in South Wales, scorching the past few days and today the worst thunder and lightning in a long time. Absolutely belting down this afternoon, the glorious British Bank Holiday!

Greetings All,

Two days' growth.

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Proraso pre-shave (white)

Soap: RazoRock XXX Limited edition
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (2nd use)
Brush:Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, NO Alum then a shower followed by Proraso post shave cream (white)

Nice comfortable 3 pass shave – a little irritation around the neck, but nothing major.

27/5/17

Within a matter of days of joining this great forum, I was very kindly given an assortment of different blades by two users.

Of the selection of blades @Digimonkey provided (a great thank you for those), there was a Rapira Platinum Lux. A blade I was well familiar with which I used almost exclusively at the start of my journey into DE shaving and I truly despised them as I'd end up with lots of cuts and ingrowing hairs. So it was with some intrepidation I'd consider using one again, but I thought if the blade is considered so highly by many others it was worth giving it a second chance.

So for today's shave I used
Pre Shave - Pears
Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Jingjili Tech
Blade - Rapira Platinum Lux
Post Shave - Alum/Witch Hazel
After Shave - Superdrug Sierra

And the results were...

Great!

I now imagine the poor shaves I had using the RPL were down to my technique which at the time lead to the unsatisfactory shaves and my fear of the RPL was definitely irrational. In use I found it to be not too dissimilar to the Voskhod of sorts - one of my favourite blades.

Have a great weekend all!

27/5/17

Within a matter of days of joining this great forum, I was very kindly given an assortment of different blades by two users.

Of the selection of blades @Digimonkey provided (a great thank you for those), there was a Rapira Platinum Lux. A blade I was well familiar with which I used almost exclusively at the start of my journey into DE shaving and I truly despised them as I'd end up with lots of cuts and ingrowing hairs. So it was with some intrepidation I'd consider using one again, but I thought if the blade is considered so highly by many others it was worth giving it a second chance.

So for today's shave I used
Pre Shave - Pears
Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Jingjili Tech
Blade - Rapira Platinum Lux
Post Shave - Alum/Witch Hazel
After Shave - Superdrug Sierra

And the results were...

Great!

I now imagine the poor shaves I had using the RPL were down to my technique which at the time lead to the unsatisfactory shaves and my fear of the RPL was definitely irrational. In use I found it to be not too dissimilar to the Voskhod of sorts - one of my favourite blades.

Have a great weekend all!

@donnie_arko - no problem you're welcome. I'm glad you had a renaissance with the blade. You are almost certainly right about the improvement in performance of the Rapira PL - your prep and technique will be a whole lot better compared to when you started. Keep up the good work. Cheers - I

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Shannon's Soap - Woodland Frost
Razor: Parker 76R
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
Brush: Graydog Custom Horsehair
A/S: Superdrug Forest Fresh
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion

Good shave with some products I haven't used in a while.

IMG_4860.JPG

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Shannon's Soap - Woodland Frost
Razor: Parker 76R
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
Brush: Graydog Custom Horsehair
A/S: Superdrug Forest Fresh
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion

Good shave with some products I haven't used in a while.

View attachment 25569
+1 on the Rapira Swedish Supersteel.;)..I find that most of the russian made blades, pair up really well with my Parker razors.

Back
Top Bottom