Hot shower
Vintage Pine? Morny shaving soap
Switchback 400 Plissoft brush
Woodhead scuttle
1940s RFB Tech
Astra SP (2)
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum splash
Al Rehab Dakar

A lovely girl I've known since she was a baby gets married today. My daughter is a bridesmaid so it's time to get suited and booted.

Fi4Luj3h.jpg

So, today's shave was my first run out with my newly acquired Feather Artist Club SS. I clearly took my time compared to normal, but once I found the right grip & angle, I was rewarded the closest shave I have ever experienced.

I will say I did nick myself a bit & this is the first time in ages that I have reached for my Proraso Cut Healing Gel (which, was to be expected).

Also, the right side of my face feels way better than the left. But on a positive note, that was quite possibly the best shave I have ever had!

All in all, It's definitely going to need some practice to dial it in, but I know I am going to really enjoy it. Well chuffed!

Last edited:
Saturday 28th
Phoenix & Beau - Denali v3 - Test
RazoRock Plissoft
Schick L1 w/Chinese Schick #1
Alum > Alcolado Glacial
Nivea Cooling Balm
IMG_20160527_173221e.jpg

1st shave with the P&B Denali test soap. Great shaving performance:
Report here - Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required.
The L1 with a Chinese Schick blade was a very easy, drama free shave. I found that I could use a bit of pressure with no fear of cuts or irritation. Much like a cartridge.
Great cooling finish with the Alcolado and Nivea Cooling.

Have a great weekend everyone.

SOTD May 28, 2016
This morning was my Haslinger shave and I just couldn't tolerate the thought of horsey-funk and the lovely scent of Haslinger Schafmilch blending together on my face. So I brought both brushes into the bathroom and loaded the Vie-Long and set it aside to steep while I showered and shaved with my Victoria Badger. And after my shave and clean up I rinsed the Vie-Long. I will do this for a few days until the funk clears. I think even Doctor Who would approve of this approach.

I am on week 2 with this Schick blade in my Type G and there is no sign of surrender. This blade is ultra smooth and still very sharp. Amazing really. Other than that, it was a great shave, an almost perfect way to start a Saturday morning. One pass WTG, a few touch ups and I am now officially ready to face the world.:)

Pre: Proraso preshave cream
Razor: Schick
Brush: Victoria Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
M28.jpg

MENTHOL MADNESS
SOTD Sat. 5/28/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
PSO: DG Vitamin E
SS: Stirling Glacial Mita
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Muhle R41/Bullgose Black Beauty
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Pine Tar
Cologne: Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Good morning friends. Lovely three pass shave the R41 this morning with a dolphin smooth end result. Stirling Glacial Mita is such a refreshing soap and provides such outstanding performance, everyone should try it. Glacial Lemon Chill fortified this arctic blast leaving my face frozen solid for twenty minutes after my shave was done. Beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend guys. :)

Back
Top Bottom