S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

How'd you find the SBS? :) interesting looking razor for sure!
I really like it, I bought it based on looks and previous experience of iKon razors. Using the OC side is excellent, one of my favourite DE razors is the Fatip Piccolo but I think this is just as good. The closed or straight side is more aggressive but not as aggressive as an iKon 104. Using to OC side feels far more natural for me and despite the size of head it gets under my nose area quite well.

With the SBS you are getting more than one razor in one head due to the difference between the sides, I really like my iKon 101 head which is also an SB/OC design, but with the 101 I can barely tell which side is which when actually shaving, which is not a bad thing as it works great as a daily shaver.

I really like it, I bought it based on looks and previous experience of iKon razors. Using the OC side is excellent, one of my favourite DE razors is the Fatip Piccolo but I think this is just as good. The closed or straight side is more aggressive but not as aggressive as an iKon 104. Using to OC side feels far more natural for me and despite the size of head it gets under my nose area quite well.

With the SBS you are getting more than one razor in one head due to the difference between the sides, I really like my iKon 101 head which is also an SB/OC design, but with the 101 I can barely tell which side is which when actually shaving, which is not a bad thing as it works great as a daily shaver.
Wow fair play, thanks for the comprehensive report! :) I do like the looks of it... along the lines of the “Thor's Hammer” Pils razors! :D cheers again!

Prep: Razorock Pre Barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2016 Snowman Unique
Soap: Tabac Original
Razor: Rex Supply SS Adjustable
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
AS: Tabac Original
SOTD20171103.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Vitos Red
EJ DE89
Wilkinson (old stock) (2)
4711 ASL

Simple ingredients can be as rewarding as some more exotic offerings
My second use of Vitos, and it seems to get better. Everything I want a soap to do, and it does it all well
This was my first use of 4711 , I'm pleased to say I can still smell it after two hours albeit a bit muted. I quite like it's scent and it seems to do it's job quite well.

Shave of the Day, Friday 03 November 2017.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap.
Razor - ATT SE Alu
Blade - Kai Titan Mild (pink).
Soap - L'Occtaine Cade.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Myrsol 'lemon' Splash, followed by Cade aftershave balm.

Away with the Mrs for the day today and I was under pain of death to have a quick shave.

A DFS + shave after 2 passes. We have been hill walking up north (Blair Athol) and the Cade balm has been great in tens if skin protection.

All the best,

Chris

See if you can get your hands on some Athol Brose when in them parts.

Back
Top Bottom