S.O.T.D. Saturday 2nd April 2016 to Friday 8th April 2016

SOTD2016-04-07_zpsijr9dp4v.jpg~original

Valobra Stick
Cadman L7 Synthetic
ATT R1 Kronos / Polsilver SI (1)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

Hi Mrchick,
How do you get on with that AoS badger brush?
It looks like the model that my daughter back for me from NY.
PS Nice photo.

Thanks Steve,
It was given to me with my first DE as part of a set. It works ok but is a little small. I have relegated it to my travel kit and it works fine for face lathering Arko. I wouldn't buy it again.

Thanks Steve,
It was given to me with my first DE as part of a set. It works ok but is a little small. I have relegated it to my travel kit and it works fine for face lathering Arko. I wouldn't buy it again.
Probably the same set that my daughter purchased, (Sandalwood preshave oil, shaving cream and aftershave balm + the floppy). Why she purchased it I don't know other than the AoS shop in New York is "a very nice shop" apparently and far nicer than than dump Pasteur's. Her words not mine!!!
Good idea to utilise the badger as a travel brush. Potentially a means of disposing of said flopmeister.
I find it floppier than a floppy thing with too much of skritch if that is at all possible from a floppppppppy brush.
I hope you enjoy wherever your travelling to.
Stay safe.
Cheers

Probably the same set that my daughter purchased, (Sandalwood preshave oil, shaving cream and aftershave balm + the floppy). Why she purchased it I don't know other than the AoS shop in New York is "a very nice shop" apparently and far nicer than than dump Pasteur's. Her words not mine!!!
Good idea to utilise the badger as a travel brush. Potentially a means of disposing of said flopmeister.
I find it floppier than a floppy thing with too much of skritch if that is at all possible from a floppppppppy brush.
I hope you enjoy wherever your travelling to.
Stay safe.
Cheers

Thank you! I will.

Wednesday 6th April 2016

Acca Kappa synthetic brush 24x55; Le Père Lucien - Cologne Fougère; OneBlade Razor; Feather FHS (#1); Fine Clean Vetiver; Santa Maria Novella - Emulsione Analcolica.
3793a08392720fcd926b0580f704adf6.jpg

Thursday 7th April 2016

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Special Edition Coral; Mitchell's Wool Fat; OneBlade Razor; Feather FHS (#1); Meissner Tremonia - Salty Sea Sage; Baume.Be.
2517de9ab70afb2d5491cfb953ba29b1.jpg

Best regards!

Last edited:
Greetings From Fuerteventura

Thursday 7th April 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop
Blade: Valet Blued
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Lea Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)

An absolutely superb close shave with next to no tug, it is wonderful to shave with desalinated water it makes such a great lather (it tastes like shit though) the water not the lather! This blade is getting better which each shave and the associated stroppings, it would seem that staying away from the feox and plenty of laps on the plain leather is the answer once the blade is sharp.

This is my first post on the i pad I still hate it but admit it is useful!

Regards
Dick.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...JrYvvl1wtfD-p4oKwlBOQCCo/s800-Ic42/image.jpeg

SOTD 7/4/16

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit, RazoRock Plissoft Monster, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SS(7), Cold Towel, Old Spice

Well, day two of ODTAP (Operation Down to a Pound), and I picked my next P&B soap in the rotation. Whipped up an insanely lubricating lather with the Monster (fantastic brush, worth much more than it retails for), and shaved close and smooth with a day 7 Astra SS in the Bazooka. Not so much as a whiff of drama, only the warm, spicy scent of Sanskrit drifting up your nose with each stroke of the blade. Finished off with a splash of Old Spice to continue the spicy concoction and I was done. Utter bliss.

upload_2016-4-7_19-29-8.png

And for @Whosthedaddy - I compared the two scents side by side. Moroccan Sands is a sweeter, fragrant scent, where as Sanskrit is more open, natural and spicier.

Back
Top Bottom