Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave cream - Sandalwood
Soap: Wickham's Super Smooth - Sheridan's
Bowl: Woodhead Tall Large Scuttle
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: Schick Injector E2
Blade: Schick Injector - Japan (1)
After: WH, Benjamin's Bay Rum (menthol) AS, C&E W.Indian Lime ASB

First use of a Japanese Injector blade in my E2 razor and I could immediately tell this needed a light touch and full concentration. The thing about Injector blades is that you can't palm-strop them before first use so I'm thinking of this shave as taking the edge off the blade.

This Wickham's soap is anymuch as good as my best soaps, but I found the soap kind of curdles after a few months. Soap is still fine but it forms tiny balls of soap within the croap which take longer to form into lather so you end up with tiny bits of undissolved soap in the lather. Not really a problem but a bit annoying.

Anyway, result nice BBS (squid-skin) but the actual shave felt a little scratchy. I'll have another go tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, folks.

dbb505d7-dd0b-4e8e-bb14-0210fea63f97_zpsejiyzltk.jpg

3rd Shave with Bunny:
26119843481_2d45011f32_c.jpg

(Sorry for the shit photo...)

MWF
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Bunny NOTSO
Chinese Schick [3]
La Toja AS
Diesel OTB EDT
Superdrug Moisturiser.

Another superb shave with the Bunny. I think the NOTSO comb is the one for me, however it is still too aggressive for a comfortable ATG pass on the neck for me. I also find it difficult to shave ATG around the chin area. However, 2 passes is more than good enough for daily shaves and I'd only go ATG occasionally.

How long are these Chinese Schick blades good for? It certainly still feels sharp... I'll likely try another shave before I move onto a NOS Twin blade.

Still feeling RAW from this shave, may be best suited to the MILD comb me thinks!

007697315646462e632ca77c8ccf559f.jpg

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (Shimmed)
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#2)
Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
Soap - Wickham's Super Smooth Club Cola
After - Frozen towel / Cien Ice A/S
Result - Dolphin Smooth

It's rare that perfection can be improved upon, so I'm slightly hesitant when anyone suggests a method of doing such. This actually happened twice in my shave this afternoon.
The 1912 is already as close to the perfect shave as is, but simply fitting this shim does something akin to witchcraft - a more aggressive, yet a smoother shave! What is this madness??!!
The second thing event was like unlocking some ancient code. The magic ingredient? A badger! In two years of traditional shaving, I've only used synthetic and boar brushes. Badger brushes are a complicated affair and I'd only resisted purely through frustration. The prospect of spending large sums of money on something I could viably detest, filled me will disdain. An opportunity presented itself recently and I left the decision in the hands of experts. Oh am I glad I did! Wickham's was already in my top three soaps but what I saw this brush do to it today, well those with high end brushes will already know. The resultant lather was unlike any other I had ever conjured up before. I could never have imagined the difference this brush could make.
Today was a game changer!

Today's shave
R89 Twist
Feather Blade
TOBS Rose Shaving Cream
Kent BK8 Brush
Old Spice Aftershave Splash
Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food

Results
BSS WTG

007697315646462e632ca77c8ccf559f.jpg

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (Shimmed)
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#2)
Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
Soap - Wickham's Super Smooth Club Cola
After - Frozen towel / Cien Ice A/S
Result - Dolphin Smooth

It's rare that perfection can be improved upon, so I'm slightly hesitant when anyone suggests a method of doing such. This actually happened twice in my shave this afternoon.
The 1912 is already as close to the perfect shave as is, but simply fitting this shim does something akin to witchcraft - a more aggressive, yet a smoother shave! What is this madness??!!
The second thing event was like unlocking some ancient code. The magic ingredient? A badger! In two years of traditional shaving, I've only used synthetic and boar brushes. Badger brushes are a complicated affair and I'd only resisted purely through frustration. The prospect of spending large sums of money on something I could viably detest, filled me will disdain. An opportunity presented itself recently and I left the decision in the hands of experts. Oh am I glad I did! Wickham's was already in my top three soaps but what I saw this brush do to it today, well those with high end brushes will already know. The resultant lather was unlike any other I had ever conjured up before. I could never have imagined the difference this brush could make.
Today was a game changer!
reminds me when I was mulling over getting a badger brush, expensive but kind of makes the shave ever so more perfect what a difference indeed.

$_57.JPG

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Solingen 7/8th Square Point
French Fichard Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

I still cant get my phone to down load so these are the seller's Pics..I had my Maiden Shave with my newly acquired Henckels 7/8th..I didn't have much to take off with my last shave with my Rolls Razor..1st pass ATG & 2nd pass XTG..Job Done..This is a very Agile & Manoeuvrable SR & the seller I got it from has done a great Job on the Blade..Quite a Fair bit of Feedback with this Razor & ever so Smooth..I love it.:D:p:D

Billy

Last edited:
2nd April 2016

Bulldog Face Wash
Wickham's Sandalwood
Fine Accoutrements Angel Hair (20mm)
Face Lathered
Gillette Guard (8)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_3144_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner