Thursday 8th June 2017
SOTD8thJune.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword England (#5)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Cream: Speick
AS: Nivea 2 phase

A very smooth and very close shave, probably one the closest and most comfortable shaves I have had with DE razor.

Good evening gents,

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: King Cobra
Razor blade: Kai Pro Guard (2)
Brush: Simpsons Captain Machurian
Bowl: Aesop Stainless Steel
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm

AGAIN another razor on loan from James AKA @Acer89 thank you.

I was going to waffle on about it's reputation but you already know all this.

OK so what did I think.....It was bloody rubbish! The most overrated razor I think I've ever used.....Only joking.:p:

It was stunning!

First off, it's extremely smooth, including AGT.
Efficient wise (due to the mild blade) it took the stubble off 'steadily' (probably not the right term but it I hope you know what I mean?) with 3 passes and a few touch ups.

I was tempted to swap the blade out for a Proline or Feather Pro but didn't want to push my luck plus there really was no need.
The shave was effortless with no hint of irritation or tenderness.

Have a good night. I'm off to the Dark Web to sell one of my kidneys.:p:D

Thanks again to James.

I reckon you should host the shaving rooms radio station if we had one.
Cracking tune :cool:

Evening gents,

Been off ill the last couple of days only starting to get better today really so thought I'd improve my mood with a shave.

I did improve my mood as well. First shave in a while with the ATT S2 and a weeks worth of growth to plough through. I also fancied a change of soap so reached for the MDC and my second lather with this gorgeous Shavemac.

The MDC lather is ridiculous, stupidly fast and luxurious, a pleasure to use. The brush is great, soft tips and good backbone, great flow through. The razor is just brilliant. I think my favourite DE. Mowed through with a fresh Astra SP blade, no irritation, no nicks just a DFS.

Finished off with Thayer's Aloe Witch Hazel and 1912 Classic 24 Aftershave Balm. Brilliant shave.

img_20170608_132745-01-jpeg.13059

@Looney12345 - mate - I'm with you on a good shave being mood changing - enhancing? I select my kit depending on how I feel, the weather - whatever. Lavender for emergencies. Most importantly for me is that I have time apart from my normal life when I'm shaving. In an ideal world I'll take 40 minutes showering and then shaving. None of the normal stresses apply. A handsome brush, razor and soap - as you have - can only help. cheers - I

Hot bath
Nivea Men Active Wash
BBA Pre Shave Oil
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Merkur 37c
Personna Platinum (1)
Real Shaving Co post shave balm

It was with some trepidation that I unpackaged the Merkur 37c and loaded it with the Persona Platinum blade.
This razors reputation had been going around in my head for the last few days.
I chose to use the Mitchell's Wool Fat for its slickness, aided twofold by the BBA oil.
The first few strokes were very short as I was in unknown territory with this new razor, but it wasn't long before I found my rhythm with it and got some confidence with it and my technique.
To say this razor is smooth doesn't quite do it justice. It simply glides, and the blade was super sharp.
First pass WTG went without any faults and the result was the closest first pass I've ever had.
Second pass XTG also went without any mishaps. Again very close and smooth.
At this point I begun to think that the horrific reputation of this razor must be a made up story concocted by people who knew what a brilliant piece of kit it is to stop everyone else from enjoying it too.
Third pass ATG passed without bloodshed. Hurrah! I made it to the finish line without decapitatIng myself !!

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself having accomplished my first three pass shave with this supposed weapon of mass destruction without any bloodshed.
Before the shave I wondered if I had made a mistake in buying it.

Many thanks to those of you guy's who reassured me about the 37c in my Razor for under £30 thread, most of all @Steve Bowles .

I'm satisfied with my small arsenal of razors at present, and I don't think I'll hanker after another new addition for a while.

fzVUAut.jpg

First shave with this soap from a friend Brazilian soap artisan that created the Imperial Grooming line of shaving products. The name already hints of what to expect... Permafrost! A barrage of coolness to appease the heat wave of the Summer. The menthol is the star of the show that persists through the shave. It lathers almost spontaneously and creates a white cushion of freshness and slickness over the face. The balm is even stronger. The first hit of menthol makes for some teary eyes, but that quickly passes and what stays is a cooling and soothing effect surrounding our face for 30 minutes plus.

With each shave the Ever-Ready 1912 is steadily and surely climbing to the top of my favourite razors list... Fantastic sensations from it and the GEM S/S blade in its 3rd use.

image.jpg S.O.T.D. Friday 9th June

Prep....Shower / Olive oil soap face wash
Razor....Hone Type 15
Blade....Personna 74 #13
Soap....Figaro P.160 Tallow (NOS)
Brush....Omega Pro 49
Post....BBA post shave balm
Smell....Cigar.(perfume oil) Mr perfume

My beautfuly broken in 49 whipped up a super lather out of the fabulous P.160 Tallow shave soap and the equaly fabulous Hone 15 paired with the still sharp 74 took it all off including the stubble leaving me with really smooth and supple feeling skin. BBA Shave balm, then finnished of with a generous application of the Cigar perfume oil and I'm relaxed and feeling good. There is nothing quite like a good shave to set you up for the day ahead.

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday.........:)

Last edited:
To round off the week;

IMG_4654.jpg

Used the pass-around Supply Provision SE with the Schick blade on its 2nd use. Opted for plate 3 today, for a change - needless to say it was somewhat fiddly changing the plates over but retaining the blade. At least, it was more fiddly than I reckon it should have been. I'd imagine if you suffered from any arthritis or similar it would be an issue.
The more aggressive plate made a definite difference vs Wednesday's shave. I took @Blademonkey's advice of trialling the angle on my arm before going ahead with the shave and it did a better job, for sure. I still struggled in places to find the 'optimal angle' and I did, somehow, end up with one minuscule blood-spot on the front/centre of my neck. Very strange as everywhere else is positively irritation free. I would, again, reiterate that, in my opinion, given my experience with this razor, that it is a good one for the daily shaver. It leaves me, again personally, looking clean but I've had closer shaves for less effort.
It surely is a shame because I really wanted to like this razor. I don't think there are many which look better than it, especially now they're looking at releasing a matte black version. I think I may reapproach this razor in the future but for now it doesn't make much sense to me.
Midas silvertip is still shedding (5 hairs today) and P&B lather was absolutely top notch. Dialled in to perfection.

Have a good day and weekend chaps!

Back
Top Bottom