Essor OC razor
Rapira Super Stainless blade
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Every Man Jack Fragrance Free balm

e1ac24818feca99fd1344e33e973557b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b5jr0x.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 404 'Grosnevor'
Razor: Hone Type 15 w/ Muhle Razor Blade (1)
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room Mountain Yew
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel, 4711 aftershave & cologne

This was going to be my Sunday shave but I couldn't resist using the Hone, it's been far too long since it came up in rotation (23/4). Paired it with a Muhle blade I had received a free pack of last week with the Parker. My first ever use of the blade and it was pretty good, I know that razor manufacturers own brand blades aren't highly regarded but my initial thoughts of these are quite positive. Certainly well better than blades like Treets of any kind. The shave was uneventful, which is a good thing. Forgot how heavy and efficient the Hone is. I just love the look and feel of it, very photogenic razor.

The soap was Mountain Yew, one of my favourite scents across all my soaps, a very rich, spicy soap. For a glycerine based soap it is fantastic, never had an issue loading or building a good lather and today was no different. I paired it with some 4711, can't beat it, classics become classics for a reason, if only it had staying power it would be perfect.

Friday 12th May
Semogue 620
OSP Barbershop
Rocnel MD SE-P-TR Open Comb
½ Voskhod TC #2
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
Uz1QPlG.jpg

OSP Barbershop was a recent purchase. What a pleasant surprise. It has a lovely, complex scent, making me question myself why I hadn't bought it before now.
The Rocnel OC, weighing in at 138g is a gram lighter than its solid bar cousin. Using the weight, rather than any pressure, with a sharp blade gives a slightly different, but outstanding shave, with no drama.

Shave well!!!!

190839.jpg

Friday 12th May

Hives Sheffield razor
Rubberset inspired Finest Badger brush made by myself
Stirling Coniferous soap
Stirling Coniferous balm

First shave with this Hives Sheffield made razor. It was in a sorry state when I got it one of the black horn scales had a huge chunk missing. I made an exact replica scale from black horn and re pinned the whole razor together. The shave was excellent from a 200 yr old razor.

190839.jpg

Friday 12th May

Hives Sheffield razor
Rubberset inspired Finest Badger brush made by myself
Stirling Coniferous soap
Stirling Coniferous balm

First shave with this Hives Sheffield made razor. It was in a sorry state when I got it one of the black horn scales had a huge chunk missing. I made an exact replica scale from black horn and re pinned the whole razor together. The shave was excellent from a 200 yr old razor.
Wow, just wow! Fantastic restoration and use of something from a bygone era.
I am impressed sir.:)

Back
Top Bottom