Wickham's Spice Trade (Hard)
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Famex - Personna Lab Blue [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & ATG

Gosh! That was different!

Assembling the razor is a bit of guesswork as to whether the holes should be up or down. My gut feeling was down, so that's how I assembled it. Forewarned to "hold onto my hat", I thought I could do one better; got my Geo Fatboy on and donned a bandana. Well, this razor blew it straight off!!!

As a shave it was straightforward. Using the lightest of touches and drawing the razor straight down, then straight across for the second pass it worked out perfectly well. The design catches the lather and it actually put me very much in mind of the early lather catchers. It felt more like a lather catcher than a DE.

One slight lapse on concentration under my lip and nick ... did I? Didn't I? Did I? Many seconds had passed before the tell-tale line appeared, gone with the alum wash.

The design of the cap is slightly concave, flexing in towards the middle. I cannot believe that has come about from over-tightening it, since my attempts with some force to straighten the cap out all failed. Possibly a sort of slant/flex type thing going on?

Back to that nick - I believe I caught myself with the corner of the blade sticking up and slightly out. I am sooooo glad I didn't attempt the Gillette slide with it!

In all, a lot of fun and as one of my now mere handful of DEs I think it'll get used quite frequently.

Cold water splash
Martin De Candre Unscented
Commodore X3 handle / TGN 24mm Finest knot
ATT M2 Kronos
Sputnik (2)
Speick ASB
Speick EDT

MdC didn't provide the volume of lather it normally does. Maybe rushed things a bit today? Acceptable shave nevertheless, but I've had better...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Wickams Club Cola sample
DE89 +Polsilver SI
Semogue 1520
La Toja after shave

There's something about the La Toja that reminds me of my dad when I was a kid. I'm not overly keen on the scent but the wife likes it. The 1520 is frustrating me. I've been patient and used a lot since I bought it to make sure it was broken in but it still fails to hold much lather - I'll stick with it, don't like to be defeated!

Back
Top Bottom