Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Tabula Rasa - Steampunk sample
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal sitting in plastic bowl
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Weber Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
After: Brut AS, Coral Skin Food

Testing out my Steampunk soap sample kindly donated by Ian of The Gentleman's Groom Room. Very masculine scent but I don't know what of - maybe Cedarwood and antique furniture, my kind of scent really. Reminded me of Wickham's Sheridan scent. More thoughts about my soap experience can be found at this link
Lather was a little thin because I think I added too much water so I need to experiment with this soap a little more.
Overall great shave and good to have the Weber back in business, smooth as you like.

Have a fab one, folks.

SOTD20150213_zps4zsmtco7.jpg

Cold water splash
Le Père Lucien Unscented
M&F Urn in Blonde Badger
ATT R1 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (4)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

Have a great weekend everyone!

IMG_8882.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Vulfix Persian Musk Luxury Shaving Cream
Vulfix No.26 Pure Bristle (AKA 'Boris')
GEM Contract 1912 & GEM Stainless (1)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Witch Hazel Toner
Clubman Musk After Shave Cologne

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

What a lovely, subtle scent on the cream; soft, almost sloppy in consistency, but Boris picked up enough and did his thing face lathering. You think the scent is gone, but get reminding pick-ups as you rinse clean and dry.

There is something special about a fresh blade, but more so when it's from a fresh pack, even more so when it's from a fresh pack of 100.

What a nice shave ...

45 mins circuit training....
Bath (leftover from the Mrs ;) )
Bond Cream
Omega 49
Standard Razor Black
Lab Blue [1]
Adidas Pure Game AS
BS Maca Root Face Protector
Milton Lloyd Success..

Hmm, don't know what to make of this standard razor... Definitely a very close shave, a couple of weepers, maybe the Lab is a bit too much for the razor? It's certainly more aggressive than I thought it would be - I'd say it's 4/5 on the Progress scale and you can "feel" the blade. It makes a nice noise in action, similar to what I remember the Futur makes. Definitely looking forward to another shave.....

Back
Top Bottom