S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th January to Friday 13th January 2017

Vintage DeLuxe
Pazzi Olivo Finest
Ikon B1 Slant - Ikon Bulldog
Alt Insbruck AS

e9c0b7cd9db6b743649ec6489df4ce8c.jpg

Regards

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Love the brush. Did you have any issues when ordering it? I only ask as I've heard people having issues with the amount of time waiting for their order to be completed.
I ordered one last month BTW.

Cheers
Rob

Good Afternoon Gents,

Let's start again shall we....

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible.

Part 1:
Used my SR for the first time since it's trip to Jamie Mahoney.
I'd sent it him to see if it was 'shave ready' or if it was just my technique, seen as this was my first SR.
He didn't think it was or at least to his standards. He also thought the pins were "pretty rough" and replaced them to. He honed it, taking it back to a 3K Stone. The service from Jamie was outstanding and I'd recommend him to anyone.

I used the SR and felt the improvement straight away. I did OK on my cheeks and under the jaw line. I tried the upper lip and chin but struggled so left it there.
No nicks or cuts and I still have both ears, which is nice.

Part 2: The Blackbird with OC base plate.
Tried the OC plate with a Gillette Nacet and there was a definite improvement. I experimented with the shaving angle too. Again this improved things and felt more comfortable. The finished shave was very close and no irritation or tenderness.

Before I wrap things up I'd like to thank the people who have gave me advice either on the forum or contacting me privately. I really appreciate the time and effort you go to.

Have a relaxing Sunday
Cheers
Rob
Glad to hear you have started your SR journey. It is a tad disappointing to hear your razor wasn't ready especially as it can't have been cheap. At least you have it back and ready to go now. Good luck with it mate.

Tues 10th Jan

Omega 10026 boar
Blues Soap
ER 1924 + long handle
Gem S/S ( 4 ) & 1/2. spine shim
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

The addition of a shim makes this Razor less aggressive,and I find that with a longer handle I can get very smooth and comfortable Shaves, not quite as good as those with the OCMM.

ca1da13c5d1e17261aa51dac0fff50ab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice handle, Mike :)

Back
Top Bottom