S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 3rd - Friday 9th August 2013

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Weber DLC / JEC Handle / Rapira
Rudy Vey custom redwood burl with 23mm Shavemac knot
Proraso White Soap (New Formula)
Proraso Green A/S
Penhaligons Lavandula

Fine effort today and a plastic representation of the italian flag for no reason at all

Saturday - Headshave
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Clinque M Gel

7 days without a face shave and my beard is coming through very grey - OK, OK it's white. At this rate I'll look like Santa Claus (with a bald head) by Yule.

I'm considering giving up the razor all together. I might go to my local Turkish barber's once a fortnight for a head shave.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kropp 6/8", black horn scales, restored by UKRob
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: L'Occitane Cade

A lovely shave.

Pretty perfect shave this morning.

Pre: Shower
Brush: Omega 20102
Soap: Proraso Green Tub- face lathered
Razor: EJ89 Barley
Blade: Gillette Nacet

Wonderful shave. This Nacet blade is incredible, it's as good as, if not better than the Rapira Swedes on the first shave. I'll have to see how it compares in the long run, but one shave in, I'm very impressed.

Nice and smooth :)

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: Blue beard's revenge, with vostok blade
Brush: Shaving factory medium
Cream: TOBS for sensitive skin

Great shave. Not had chance to shave since 26th July :( Hence four passes to be certain there's no stragglers.

A couple of new items in todays shave - new brush new razor new (to me) blade and it all went swimmingly - took my time to learn the feel of the R89 but it was very gracious. Like the feel of the Rapira too - sharp without being capricious! The blackest of black badger Rubbersets lathered the Vulfix cream a treat and gave it up too. I have to say on the Persian Musk - I can detect neither anything Persian or indeed Musky - it just smells nicely soapy - could be my nose. One tiny weeper under the corner of my chin to teach me a lesson but all in all a good if not cautious shave. DFS

Soundtrack - Talking Heads (Best Of)
Prep - Shower
Pre - Village Barber Oil
Brush - Rubberset 400 Spec-Ops
Cream - Vulfix Persian Musk
Razor - Muhle R89 (Arrived today - recent BST from Michael)
Blade - Rapira Platinum Lux (again from Michael)
Post - Nivea Menthol Balm (for me the best balm I've yet tried)

Ratty
[attachment=8115]

Attachments

• SOTD.jpg
    SOTD.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 66
Today I'll be putting the focus on Myrsol, even though I had a go with one of Jabonmans soaps (more about that further down). Myrsol makes an excellent after shave, with lovely and very playful scents, even my 14 yrs old daughter who thinks it would be best for mankind if I never showed my face in public again, thought that the Formula C smelled nice on me and the AS effect is right up here with stuff like the Old Spice Shulton Formula AS, but with a _much_ more pleasent scent experience. Well done by Senor Miquel in Barcelona!

Another fine gentleman from Barcelona's Jabonman, who makes artisan soaps. Today I used his Lavanda, lavendel scented, shaving soap and I got along with it straight away, perfect lather and excellent and high quality lavendel soap, indeed. Maybe I was lucky, sometimes it can take a while to understand a new soap. Hibbard, Spencer razor, Rudy Vey brush and Neil Miller paddle.
[attachment=8116]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375535414.012063.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375535414.012063.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 61
Todays Shave

ltmz.jpg

Gem G Bar
Gem Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
TOBS Sandalwood
Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood SkinFood
Sierran Breeze Splash

Result BSS WTG :D

Saturday 08-03-13. MUSIC: Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric's.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J5CIU9AiwA[/video]

b1f8f535-a1d0-4485-9a25-a2133427b73d.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mike's Sandalwood & Vanilla EO - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB JASÖN - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Proraso cream, menthol
Merkur Progress (#2), Perma-sharp (2)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

This was a full dress rehearsal for my travel kit... complete with yoghurt carton for lathering... and I think it's a winner. Double-whammy proraso menthol will be excellent for the hot weather. All that's missing now is the sunshine and a pastel del nata and coffee by the marina!

As mentioned yesterday, I did without the alum block. It actually feels better... I reckon that the Clinique balm contains everything necessary... and so it should for the price. Shaving just got simpler and more comfortable.

Saturday 3rd August

SOTD3813_zps40e2404b.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Gillette 1955 Red tip superspeed
Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Another fine comfortable shave today.