Saturday 12th December to Friday 18th December 2020

Monday AM 2020-12-14
bJ22Asl.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Yates Precision 921-M
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
f4JR4vV.jpg

14/12/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: GEM MicroMatic Clog-Pruf
Blade: GEM Carbon Steel (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Bay Rum infused Argan Oil
Aftershave: @Electrif 's Bay Rum
View attachment 62097
1st use of a GEM Carbon Steel blade, verdict - - Meh!, no where near as smooth as a Stainless Gem, sort of reminds me of a Polsilver SI, it works very well, however, it just does not feel right during the shave, saying that, i am BBS and comfortable from 3 very easy passes with the MM today.
The highlight today was the post shave splash from Arthur @Electrif , a very nice version of Bay Rum and much better than my own. Sadly i only have about 2 shaves worth left.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Nice razor, Tony ...

Monday evening

The Fat
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Old 1920s (USA)
Gillette Nacet
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
La Toja splash

For the first time, I bloomed ye Fat as I bathed. Its receptacle is a small Tupperware type dish. When it came to lathering (after using the water as a kind of pre-shave), the puck was flopping around like a de-winged pterodactyl and more lather generated than a High Expansion foam exercise. However, patience paid off; and unctuousness was restored.

So, no more blooming; it's totally unnecessary where water is softer than a bullied jellyfish. I'll return to the damp brush routine.
16178449-2E91-4644-8ABD-EFDB96878B64.jpeg

Sotd8-7-19.jpg

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Karve alu - D plate
blade - Med Prep (4 or 5?)
brush - Wee Scot - LE - tortoiseshell - best badger
soap - Haslinger Sheep - tallow - the old version
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid mentally vigorous
balm - Floid
scent - Quorum edt.

Still feeling laconic - I really think that word should have a cap L - given that it is a place name - but not according to the Collins dictionary - who am I to fuck with them? My shave today - inspired and brought to you in conjunction with @merchant_seaman - his comment - 'yes gents small is best' - not sure how true that is - in a greater sense - but with brushes - certainly. I have quite a few huge, massively stuffed knots - that I seldom pick up these days - the Chub 1 gets much more use than the Chub 2. For me - smaller is good with brushes - and you don't get much smaller than the Wee Scot. Despite its diminutive size - it easily holds enough soap for three passes - if that is what you do. So - enjoy your shaves - yours all - I.

Tabac Tue 15th SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB-D
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd (KAI 3rd)
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Clubman Whiskey Wood
Superb lather from the soap! Superbly thick, creamy, and slick...
Initially shave with razor paired with a 3rd used KAI blade but can feel somehow it was rough and uncomfortable so change to the JAWS mid-wtg pass. Immediately rewarded with smooth and comfortable 3passes without issues for a bbs to dfs result. Really nice blade this JAWS but perplexing with the KAI. Excellent Whisky Woods...awesome long-lasting scent. Rating 9.5/10
20201215_100331.jpg

Back
Top Bottom