Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

SOTD: 17th December 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 98R. (Face) - Gillette 365. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr.(Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg, 4-xtg/atg +pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Williams Aqua Velva ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

The razor & blade duo paired together superbly, mowing through my stubble effortlessly.

I haven't used my 98R for some time and remembered to rub my finger tips with my alum block to give it extra grip due to the handle getting slippery when wet. It's the only razor i have in my Parker collection with this problem all the rest have a fantastic grip. Nevertheless, the 98R is still a good razor.

The Williams soap provided me with a slick protective lather, and a equally good post shave feel.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 17
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Red Imp 132
Super nice lather & scent from the soap & matching balm...awesome soft brush!
It is nice to experience a different variety of razor's edges and this razor with the diamond balsa provided a crisp, soft, and comfortable shave. 3passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20221217_092838.jpg

ghRfqW3.png

Saturday 12.17.22
RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium 1.15 DE
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Shore Chubster 24mm Maggard 2-band badger
LATHER: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Shaving Soap
POST: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Aftershave Toner

SOTD: 17/12/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2 Black
Blade: Feather Professional, 7th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Jade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Soap: HAGS Hellfire Club Croap
Aftershave: HAGS Hellfire Club Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

A lot to cover in this shave.

First go out with the HAGS Hellfire Club special edition soap. This is a nod to Dior Savage and to my nose they got it right. This soap has a Guinness base and like a night on the black stuff the next morning you need lots of water. This is the thirstiest soap I have ever tried. I also would have preferred a little more residual slickness (initial cushion and slickness are great). Overall quite good and I will try more HAGS stuff.

The matching aftershave was even better, this is worth buying on its own (until I read the ingredients and found snail secretion filtrate, not sure about that but seemingly it's quite common and beneficial).

Omega special edition Jade Boar brush (exclusive to Connaught Shaving)is still being broken in so nothing much to report. Seems okay and gets rave reviews.

First shave for a week or so without the Vector. Now I can compare. The vector is much more efficient than the Hawk even with a guarded blade in. I will compare the Hawk V3 tomorrow. Vector is an easier shave as long as you are mindful. The vector is a sports car and the Hawk is a 4x4.

Anyroadup..... All in all a fantastic shave and everything is a keeper.

535B574C-AA13-4EF5-AA4B-CC6D309DE048.jpeg

BEB246B6-C1C5-4843-9C1C-A7F206F81DFB.jpeg

2BB21725-AC10-43B7-87EE-5D8CB25E5A14.jpeg
SOTD: 17/12/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Liz Earle For Men Sensitive Shave Cream Cream
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

In a vain effort to finish a tube/tub of something I dug out the old Liz Earle today. Great soft lather, easy to work up and great post feel with a lovely scent of sage and eucalyptus. A lovely smooth shave with the Masamune so a great start to the weekend.
Enjoy your weekend guys.

17/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Dior Sauvage
PC170002.JPG
I fancied one of the AP shave Co. SynBad knots, therefore, during the black Friday sale i ordered the Ally AP4 fitted with the synth and the Brass AP4 (i have coveted a brass handled brush for a while now) fitted with the Gelousy Bulb (A2).
They where both given a shampoo and today the Synth was up.
It worked really well as a face latherer even though the knot is only 22m, it also held enough for 3 passes which is more than enough for my shaving routine.
A Kai fitted in the PILS was really smooth, the blade seemed more noticeable in the comfortable "Thors Hammer" i was smooth, comfortable and BBS in 2 passes with some touch-up on the whirlpools.
Dior on a Saturday morning? well why not, i am clean and feel as fresh as it looks outside.

Mail call yesterday, Despatched from Canada 27/11/22, landed UK 13/12/22, Delivered 16/12/22, i think the Posties did well considering they were on strike 2 days last week, they have my full support.(y)
PC170007.JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday December 17, 2022
Razor: Gillette Tech ??
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Vintage Unbranded/Tuxedo
Soap: Colgate Cup
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,503

Gillette Travel Set my dad got as a gift for his 21st trip around the sun when he was stationed with the Air Force in England. It was missing the razor so I bought this "Made in England" Tech. Probably the wrong one and would like to know from the Tech Gurus what this one is and what the correct one would be. ( @pjgh @Tony'schin @TobyC etc ) This one is a rough specimen, Made in England aluminum base plate and handle but heavier top cap with the Gillette logo. Also wonder what brush it may have had in these sets? Thanks for any help !! Have a great day !!
oPKgyW5.jpg

YUF8xYy.jpg

MzozMRm.jpg

Wickham Gothic Revival soap, splash and balm. Rubberset 400 with Oumo boar.
'64 Slim on #4, Gillette 7 o'clock SP Black (#4)
Zara Vibrant Leather Oud EDT.

This blade is still going strong after 4 uses, first use was harsh but I'll give it a final run tomorrow and see if 5 is OK.

An incredibly smooth close result, fitting for celebrating an 80th birthday party this afternoon (not mine!!), only marred by the cut above my eye and split lip from martial arts this morning to spoil the overall effect!
20221217_135457.jpg

17 December, 2022

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band
Soap: Occult Grooming Essentials: Hell Courtesan ( Prometheus )
Fragrance: L'Elégant by MDCI

at long last, I have a soap by Occult Grooming Essentials, so difficult to get hold of, but finally managed to find one.. mind you, it cost me a small fortune with the added taxes, etc.. so, was it worth the endless search history, and the countless dead ends? HELL YEAH! It's one of those soaps that produces a gob full of thick cushiony lather that begs for more water. In fact, there was enough lather to shave me, my cat, the neighbour and their cat..:ROFLMAO: Yeah, this was so much fun, I was making extra passes just so it wouldn't end. I just wish it was more readily available. So what do you say, Bill/Lazaros? When can we expect more of this wonderful soap... ooh, in tobacco, please.

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: ESC Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild V2
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Cream: Seaside Soap Pine, Vetiver & Patchouli shaving soap
PS 1: Ariana & Evans Cuban Highball

A bit of a revalation for me; I think I've been using too mild of a blade because my neck is very sensitive, but I also have quite a thick/coarse beard. I've just realised this may be leading to irritation because the mild blades are tugging a lot when trying XTG and ATG passes and struggling to get through the stubble.

Using the Dorco Titan, which I believe to be a bit sharper than the mild blades I've been using, I had a much better experience in general. It did highlight the trouble areas more, where my technique is a little off, but I can work on that.

I can't see myself buying the soap again (I bought a few samples) as it doesn't have the residual slickness I get with other soaps. I will say the smell is lovely and it lathers well.

Back
Top Bottom