Saucisson Sec

MV5BYWJhOGQ1YmMtMjZkYi00NzI5LTk0OTUtZjJkMGYxYzljYWZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQxMTIxMTk@._V1_.jpg

Sausage?

I find myself quite partial to this delicacy.

To be quite honest, I don't know why this hasn't been a staple of my food shopping as there's really nothing not to like - piggy, fat, salt and flavour. Thinly sliced, as a snack I'll have a good few slices in a ramekin and quite taken to a smear of Chimichurri to smear the slice over. Damn good!

I got a really long one (oo-er!) before Christmas and wolfed it down. Disappointed not to be able to find it again at the supermarket, I found a different, shorter one. Quite different texture and flavour. I can most definitely see this becoming "a thing" ... anyone else a fancier of such sausage?

MV5BYWJhOGQ1YmMtMjZkYi00NzI5LTk0OTUtZjJkMGYxYzljYWZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQxMTIxMTk@._V1_.jpg

Sausage?

I find myself quite partial to this delicacy.

To be quite honest, I don't know why this hasn't been a staple of my food shopping as there's really nothing not to like - piggy, fat, salt and flavour. Thinly sliced, as a snack I'll have a good few slices in a ramekin and quite taken to a smear of Chimichurri to smear the slice over. Damn good!

I got a really long one (oo-er!) before Christmas and wolfed it down. Disappointed not to be able to find it again at the supermarket, I found a different, shorter one. Quite different texture and flavour. I can most definitely see this becoming "a thing" ... anyone else a fancier of such sausage?

A half reasonable selection here. They have Monsavon shaving soap too

I'm also a fan of both Saucisson sec and Fuet - we had quite a bit of nice fuet over Christmas, which I think the missus picked up from Lidl.

Back
Top Bottom