Scenes from the South

I have edited the Alderney photo to give the exact phrase which I have used for years. It used to be a standing joke in the office that I had said I was not to be disturbed - "Too much to do. He is concerned with matters of consequence" It comes from one of my favourite books: The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Expury. A magical allegorical tale in which the Little Prince comes across many notable characters one of which is a businessman claiming to own all the stars. He is busy counting them. Pestered by the Little Prince, he mutters:
"Eh? Are you still there? Five hundred and one million - I can't stop...I have so much to do! I am concerned with matters of consequence. I don't amuse myself with balderdash. Two and five make seven....."

If anyone hasn't read it, buy it for the kids or grandchildren - then read it yourself. Some great philosophy.

Sounds like an enchanting read; I'll look into that. My go-to for creamy allegorical goodness is Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist'. Never fails to inspire:

" ...The miner had abandoned everything to go mining for emeralds. For five years he had been working a certain river, and had examined hundreds of thousands of stones looking for an emerald. The miner was about to give it all up, right at the point when, if he were to examine just one more stone - just one more he would find his emerald..."

Continuing my southern theme, has anyone heard of The Spinnaker Tower built by the City of Portsmouth to celebrate the new millennium? It was late and well over budget. But it has proved to be a huge success with visitors.
Here are two photos of the tower on a sunny summer day. I didn't go up that day. But I did today. It was dull and overcast and the windows were not too clean. But the images show some of the views of one of the most spectacular locations in the UK. So much history.
CIMG0649.jpg

CIMG0646.jpg

I live in Sway in the New Forest. The Forest is looking great today. I thought I would take my camera and grab a few shots to share This is an area into which we walk from our house known as Longslade Bottom. Beautiful light this morning. Just a Nikon D40 on auto.

DSC_1406.jpg

Back
Top Bottom