Schick Krona Review

Re: Schick Krona

quattrojames said:
A generous pif very gratefully received. My first shave went well, give me a week and I'll update further ;)

Good deal James,

Yeah, it took me a couple times to figure things out, but smooth sailing after that. If you're used to a fatboy, the flatter head profile and lighter weight will feel a little unusual at first.

I noticed you used a Swede in that razor, which was a good choice. I shoulda asked if you had a Feather to try as well, since the shipping wouldn't have been that much more...heh. If you do have one, give it a shot after trying the Swede for a while.

I hope the Krona ends up fitting you well,

Martin

Oh, your SOTD mentioned the shave not being as close as what the fatboy provides. I agree with you there, which is why a sharp blade really helps tweak the Krona properly. I'm guessing your fatboy is set to #3 or above.

Pig Cat said:
JohnnyO said:
Thanks for the review Martin. & if you're even considering it as up there with the EJ 89 I'm impressed P/Cat.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Yes I'm giving it a couple of weeks before I go back to the EJ89 so I'll report back.

Well time for an update and I had an amazing shave this morning with 1305, TOBS Rose and my EJ89L. Thought I'd give it a try again after a while with the Krona. I was surprised at the difference between the two razors which must now be more apparent than before as I've now got used to the Krona. The Krona is mild and I used lots of short strokes and touch-ups. The Jagger is just a cutting machine and sliced through two day's growth with ease. Much more aggressive but easy to control. I was expecting this extra aggression so took it easy around the neck but still got a very tiny nick. I reckon one pass would have been acceptable but the lather was sooooo good I just had to go again. :shave

Anyway, I will be using the Krona but probably not as often as my trusty EJ! Bit like the difference between Betty Rubble and Wilma Flintstone. In the words of The Cat - "I'd go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma!" :D

Just to bring this back to life, the Krona is still giving great shaves.... but I rarely use it! So it's like to PIF it on to someone else who also posted in the thread, as Marvin did to me ;)

If there's no interest I'll open it up wider afield in a week or so.

Well to update my November post, I have since started on straights. But, when I have a day off for whatever reason I reach for my Krona. :p I'm considering selling my EJ89L :eek: It is my only other DE so I suppose I should keep it just in case, but the sale could fund more straights! :D

Back
Top Bottom