Schick Twin Injector Performance with Twin Blades

Schick Twin Injector Blades...:cool:
twin20lot20of20blades_zpsbz9qvxfu.jpg

The Smooth All over BBS Result of Twin Blades....:rolleyes:
DSC_0130_zpse4s7rpvg.jpg

Schick Twin Blade Adjustable ...:eek:
DSC_0128_zpsai98cqpf.jpg

A few of the boys recently purchased some NOS Schick Twin Injector Blades and I was asked how these Blades performed...I have done a lot of rambling on about NOS Injector Blades in the past ...This thread is more about the subject area of the performance of Twin Injector Blades in Schick Twin Injectors than the performance of NOS Injector Blades Per Se...Therefore, I thought it deserved a thread in its own right...Bearing in mind that Schick Twin Injector Blades are currently available from EBay....In other words they are not a thing of the past because they are very popular in Japan ...o_O

I have just sat down after the Twin Injector Blade shave of my life..I had a 3 passer shaving routine with my Schick Twin Blade Adjustable using NOS Personna Twin Injector Blades....I ended up with a really smooth irritation free most perfect all over BBS Result..:p

I have only started to use Twin Injector Blades recently and I must say that I am of the opinion that any Schick Twin Blade Injector is only "Firing on One Cylinder" without them....Every Schick Injector that was made after the Schick G Type that did "not have the Rinsing Lever Function" was primary designed and marketed to use Twin Injector Blades....:rolleyes:

I have used the Schick Twin Blade Adjustable with NOS Single Schick Platinum Plus Blades and it performs very well indeed....So what's the Big Deal ?...:eek:.....Well...for me....The Schick Twin Blade Adjustable performs a lot smoother and dare I say it a lot better with Twin Blades and for me that's a big deal because its not only applicable to the Adjustable but all other Schick Injectors that were designed to perform and shave at their maximum potential with Twin Injector Blades....;)

I have found that Twin Injector Blades offer a very smooth ride because they are a lot thinner than single blades ..Its very hard to feel them when using a feather like touch and you don't have to use anymore than a feather like touch....I find that I have to use a Tad of pressure when using Standard Single Injector Blades and that's fine but I think you will find the journey is more than a Tad more smoother utilizing twin blades in your Schick Twin injector razor....o_O

I would go as far as suggesting that you are only "Firing on one Cylinder" using Standard Single blades in your Schick Twin Injector Razor...Of course we don't need Twin Blades as One Blade will suffice and that's fine and Dandy...I don't need more than One Cylinder in my motorcycle either but it sure as hell has more Horsepower with Two Cylinders and its a Smoother Ride....:D

You don't know what you are missing...:p

Billy

Last edited:
Thanks Billy. I'm looking forward to trying these in my own M15 adjustable.
Yeah, I think you will find them to be different Sir..I have found that they perform really well in the Adjustable up to the number 6 setting...Above that I think that its past its maximum performance with Twin Blades..To be honest I find the Adjustable to be a fairly mild injector anyway and never used it past the number 6 setting for any period of time with any blade....o_O

That just might be me of course...:p

Billy

Last edited:
Schick Twin Injector Blades...:cool:
twin20lot20of20blades_zpsbz9qvxfu.jpg

The Smooth All over BBS Result of Twin Blades....:rolleyes:
DSC_0130_zpse4s7rpvg.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsai98cqpf.jpg

I have just sat down after the Twin Injector Blade shave of my life..I had a 3 passer shaving routine with my Schick Twin Blade Adjustable using NOS Personna Twin Injector Blades....I ended up with a really smooth irritation free most perfect all over BBS Result..:p
:p

Billy

Hiya doin Billy,

You are doing one hellova job touting and explaining about injectors and blades. I bet there's a bunch of people you have hooked in......nice going!

Maybe 6-7 years ago those Personna11 blades in your pic were my favorites, loaded in the adjustable. I had bought maybe 5-6 NOS cases of 72 blades on ebay to stash but sold almost all of em when I stopped using injectors. Sigh, there's some sellers remorse. I still have one full case somewhere but can't find it.

Might just be me, but I don't recall hearing the 'twin blade' M type razors are different from the others. I am guessing you think the twin one works better with a thicker blade maybe?

Anyway, this thread is another one of yours I enjoy following,

Martin

Last edited:
Hiya doin Billy,

You are doing one hellova job touting and explaining about injectors and blades. I bet there's a bunch of people you have hooked in......nice going!

Maybe 6-7 years ago those Personna11 blades in your pic were my favorites, loaded in the adjustable. I had bought maybe 5-6 NOS cases of 72 blades on ebay to stash but sold almost all of em when I stopped using injectors. Sigh, there's some sellers remorse. I still have one full case somewhere but can't find it.

Might just be me, but I don't recall hearing the 'twin blade' M type razors are different from the others. I am guessing you think the twin one works better with a thicker blade maybe?

Anyway, this thread is another one of yours I enjoy following,

Martin
In the contrary Sir.....The M Type works the same as all other Twin Injector razors in that they were primarily deigned to use Twin Injector Blades.....Nothing special about the M Type Sir.....o_O

Billy

In the contrary Sir.....The M Type works the same as all other Twin Injector razors in that they were primarily deigned to use Twin Injector Blades.....Nothing special about the M Type Sir.....o_O

Billy
For me the rubber handled N3 is the injector for twin blades. My M2 adjustable is good as well, so are some others. To be honest, any injector that can handle them benefits from twin blades. Unfortunately the Golden 500 can't, but there are always the Personna 74 Tungsten blades. They cost an arm and a leg, but goodness gracious me - are they smooth and sharp or what? Actually they are quite rubbish. Don't buy them. I need the ebay prices to cool down a bit for my lifetime supply...

Last edited:
For me the rubber handled N3 is the injector for twin blades. My M2 adjustable is good as well, so are some others. To be honest, any injector that can handle them benefits from twin blades. Unfortunately the Golden 500 can't, but there are always the Personna 74 Tungsten blades. They cost an arm and a leg, but goodness gracious me - are they smooth and sharp or what? Actually they are quite rubbish. Don't buy them. I need the ebay prices to cool down a bit for my lifetime supply...
Sheeeech Sir....While the mugs are buying the Twin Injector Blades we will sweep up the Personna 74s...:D

Billy

there are always the Personna 74 Tungsten blades. They cost an arm and a leg, but goodness gracious me - are they smooth and sharp or what? Actually they are quite rubbish. Don't buy them. I need the ebay prices to cool down a bit for my lifetime supply...

Hi there,

Much as I like the 74 DEs, those injector blades are just a little too much than needed. Kinda reminds me of the Feather DE like that. Not forgiving and real real sharp. Hah, also expensive because everyone else loves em. I got lots more high performance shaves from both of the Personna DE/injector blades, which isn't that unusual.

Ones to try are those Gillette Platinum Plus blades like what Erik and others have scored a while back. From late 60s into the 70s with the green pack. Quite sharp and somewhat forgiving.

Martin

Hi there,

Much as I like the 74 DEs, those injector blades are just a little too much than needed. Kinda reminds me of the Feather DE like that. Not forgiving and real real sharp. I got lots more high performance shaves from both DE/injector blades, which isn't that unusual.
I personally don'y think a blade can be too sharp. It's the dull ones I fear. I'd love to get my hands on 74s DE blades, but the prices are just too silly. As for 74s injector blades.. I find them sharp, but very smooth.. not a single weeper ever... very forgiving..
Ones to try are those Gillette Platinum Plus blades like what Erik and others have scored a while back. From late 60s into the 70s with the green pack. Quite sharp and somewhat forgiving.
Martin
On my shopping list...

I personally don'y think a blade can be too sharp. It's the dull ones I fear. I'd love to get my hands on 74s DE blades, but the prices are just too silly. As for 74s injector blades.. I find them sharp, but very smooth.. not a single weeper ever... very forgiving..

On my shopping list...

In my case there's very few (mild) razors that pair up well with a Feather blade. With almost all others it's more of a not especially comfortable risk/reward kinda shave and why do I need that if the results are already fine and won't be much better?

Maybe 3-4 years ago I was into buying vintage blades and scored 50 excellent old Wilkinsons DEs for about $20. Few days later I got the package from a nice woman seller who also included a note saying thanks for buying this and here are a few more you are welcome to. There were 5/5 packs of NOS Personna74s. She received a nice note back.

Now those are some fun blades.

Back
Top Bottom