Scoth bonnet chilli peppers, and shaving...

I made a chilli yesterday. I've always made a rather good chilli, if I do say so myself. A little bit of scotch bonnet goes a long way, giving a great 'surprise' after you've already swallowed the first mouthful and think it's all safe.

And yes, I did wash my hands, several times. I made a mistake once with a scotch bonnet - once is enough! I even had a shower before shaving in the evening to go out.

So, what happened?

My routine is to shower, shave in the shower after washing, cold finish on the face, then get out, use alum and clean my teeth while the alum works a little before rinsing again and applying post shave balm.

I guess that some of the chilli was still on my teeth, and using a fast electric brush tends to send tiny spots of toothpaste around my face, certainly around my lips and onto my fingers. And of course, I had rubbed my fingers on my face to check the shave quality. A face that had just had its top few layers of skin shaved off and was nicely 'receptive'.

By the time I had applied balm, my face was red and blotchy and looked like I had been slapped very hard across the mouth! It stung worse than putting aftershave on, with a sort of all-over hotness.

It still feels warm this morning.

Scotch bonnet peppers are dangerous!

You might want to rethink your avatar if a piece of fruit can have that sort of effect on you.

;)

joe mcclaine said:
You might want to rethink your avatar if a piece of fruit can have that sort of effect on you.

;)

It had a very bad effect on me a couple of years ago after chopping up some Scotch Bonnets. I had finished up preparing the meal and was bursting for the toilet, in my haste I forgot to wash my hands BEFORE going to relieve myself. It wasn't until five minutes later I noticed a slight tingling, then a slight burning sensation, then full on blowtorch heat. I can tell you now it did not feel like a bit of fruit had been rubbed on my member! It burned for about three hours before it started to subside and that was after several washes with all manner of soaps to try and wash it off. Probably the most uncomfortable experiences of my life and as a result I usually wear vinyl gloves when chopping up the hot stuff and remove when finished. I know it seems a bit OTT but if you don't belive me please feel free to give it a whirl and post the results in here. Then tell us it is just a piece of fruit! :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

That makes my eyes water!

Not as much as my first mistake with a Scotch bonnet though. That was with my eyes!

Again, I had washed my hands, obviously not well enough.

I vaguely recall that I rubbed my eyes, ages after putting the chilli in the pan to cook for a few hours. They didn't stop stinging and streaming until the next morning. My GF (who I was cooking for, for the first time) thought it was hilarious!

daz said:
joe mcclaine said:

;)

It had a very bad effect on me a couple of years ago after chopping up some Scotch Bonnets. I had finished up preparing the meal and was bursting for the toilet, in my haste I forgot to wash my hands BEFORE going to relieve myself. It wasn't until five minutes later I noticed a slight tingling, then a slight burning sensation, then full on blowtorch heat. I can tell you now it did not feel like a bit of fruit had been rubbed on my member! It burned for about three hours before it started to subside and that was after several washes with all manner of soaps to try and wash it off. Probably the most uncomfortable experiences of my life and as a result I usually wear vinyl gloves when chopping up the hot stuff and remove when finished. I know it seems a bit OTT but if you don't belive me please feel free to give it a whirl and post the results in here. Then tell us it is just a piece of fruit! :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Been there, done exactly the same. Eyes watering reading your post!

I once went blind for 15 minutes after eating a ghost chilli in error. Give me a burning manhood anyday (ok I probably phrased that bit wrong but you know what I mean!)

jcr said:
coat your fingers with butter/marg/veggie oil before handling chillies.

I would probably cut a finger off if I made it slippery like that :icon_eek:

Probably be even tastier sucking off the chilli juice though... :icon_redface:

The first time I made a mistake like that the young lady spent a long time sitting in a cold bath using VERY colorful language indeed. Needless to say that night of romance and passion was a bit of a disappointment.

I was at a swanky party once when someone introduced me and some others to the host's wife.

She said to the chap next to me "do you know Vic Burnes?"

He replied, in a broad Notts accent ... "it does if you get it on yer knackers, mi duck"

We didn't stay long.

Back
Top Bottom