SE Razor on KickStarter

I just received my lightly used SP razor with all the heads and I intend to use it today. It's the standard issue. I see they are offering a polished one. I do like SS razors for the longevity and weight but I fail (YMMV) to perceive why I would want something that will need polishing after every few uses to maintain the original shine. I do have a collection of DE's and SE's and I don't want to spend more time than cleaning and drying them after every shave. I do take pride in the condition of my razors and I had a chrome Hawk that I kept in pristine order until I gave it away to a friend. I didn't like the polishing bit though as it demands more time and attention. My bet would be brushed SS every time and I do love my Rockwell, El-Jefe and RX as they come. Surely I wouldn't replace them with a polished version if they are ever offered in this guise.
I hope you enjoy using your Supply SE as much as I do, I've seen the polished version and I think it looks fantastic but we all have different tastes in these things, I clean dry and polish my Supply SE after every use anyway but I have OCD and I could not just shake it off and feel happy! :) there is an other factor that comes into play for me that makes the polished version more attractive and that is it is a limited edition so in years to come these may well command a better resale price if you was to sell it, but as you say....YMMV :)

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy using your Supply SE as much as I do, I've seen the polished version and I think it looks fantastic but we all have different tastes in these things, I clean dry and polish my Supply SE after every use anyway but I have OCD and I could not just shake it off and feel happy! :) there is an other factor that comes into play that for me that makes the polished version more attractive and that is it is a limited edition so in years to come these may well command a better resale price if you was to sell it, but as you say....YMMV :)
This is duly respected and I do see your point all the way. It's not that I just shake my razors dry, but I pad them dry with paper and then polish them with a cloth. For me polishing high gloss SS equipment is extra work that I can do without, but I fully see and respect your point and as it's a limited edition, who knows when the time comes to sell on, maybe I'll be kicking myself for not having bought one.

Last edited:
One question,
It was mentioned in another thread that the bugs are ironed out on this new version. My one is the brushed original production and I didn't see any bugs or faults.
The plate moves a bit if unloaded but once the blade is inserted, it stays put. I see the reason for the spring and although surely someone must have mentioned it by now, I invite your comments on my observation. Once the magazine key is inserted, the plate moves a little further away from the razor courtesy of the spring, as blade being inserted does not touch the guards at both sides which are there to prevent it from falling out of the head once inserted. This is designed so the cutting edge does not to rub against them and blunt the blade in the process.

One question,
It was mentioned in another thread that the bugs are ironed out on this new version. My one is the brushed original production and I didn't see any bugs or faults.
The plate moves a bit if unloaded but once the blade is inserted, it stays put. I see the reason for the spring and although surely someone must have mentioned it by now, I invite your comments on my observation. Once the magazine key is inserted, the plate moves a little further away from the razor courtesy of the spring, as blade being inserted does not touch the guards at both sides which are there to prevent it from falling out of the head once inserted. This is designed so the cutting edge does not to rub against them and blunt the blade in the process.
The bugs were relatively small ones and didn't affect every razor, some had trouble with blade insertion and some would drop the blade if you pushed on the thumb screw in a certain way but my but my version 1 razor did not have these problems, so we both got lucky! The v2 had these bugs fixed and were made by a different manufacturer .
The changes between the two as so slight you would not see them on the razor itself. The only other change was in the packaging, with the v2 the packaging was a little more slick :)

Back
Top Bottom