Seasonal soaps

i've been wondering something similar with regards to a winter soap or indeed a whole line of shaving gear aligned to the seasons.

Summer - i suppose it's the Proraso\Ingrams\Lime Ice basic menthol route for that time of year. Aqua Velve etc etc

Winter - something spicey, not just in scent but something that gives a warm sensation i.e. the opposite of menthol - not chilli before you say HM :lol:
i don't like Bay Rum before it gets suggested, cloves and cinnamon perhaps.

Spring - i'd go for a fresh scent like Irisch Moos\La Toja\Speick

Autumn - Tabac\Old Spice

any other thoughts chaps?

p.s. i've just pasted this from another thread to keep things clear on there

On the whole I prefer spicy cologne fragrances for the winter and florals for the Summer.
Mint and menthol do not constitute part of my annual rotation.

There's hardly enough difference between winter and summer to make any difference here in these Sceptred Isles - if it was like Canada where I saw both +35C and -45C in the same place within 12 months, I get it - here when it goes from an average +20C to 0C, I just don't get it.

Net result - I use what I want, when I want, regardless of the season.

This topic did inspire my Winter soap review...for me when the tap water is cold enough I really have no desire to use a menthol or citrus product as a splash of ice cold tap water post shave is invigorating enough. Same with types of splashes and colognes.
Now it's Autumn/Winter I'm much more into my woods & spice, my desire for them does seem to have fallen into a seasonal pattern, I don't think that is an accident.

I think Hando's suggestions work well for the various seasons, however there's something fantastic about using a strong menthol soap mid winter when the water's just above freezing! (says this Australian living in the North of Scotland).

Back
Top Bottom