Semogue 2000

What Ho, chaps!.....Took delivery of my first non-badger brush, it was highly recommended on here.
Bristles are,..how can I put it, robust,..however, it lathered up some hard soap that I'd been given really well in a bowl, which was the reason that I asked for suggestions as I have previously only used cream and wanted to progress into soap-only formulations.
How do I break in said Semogue?..... because at the moment lathering my face with it seems marginally less painful than shaving with a steak knife.

What Ho, chaps!.....Took delivery of my first non-badger brush, it was highly recommended on here.
Bristles are,..how can I put it, robust,..however, it lathered up some hard soap that I'd been given really well in a bowl, which was the reason that I asked for suggestions as I have previously only used cream and wanted to progress into soap-only formulations.
How do I break in said Semogue?..... because at the moment lathering my face with it seems marginally less painful than shaving with a steak knife.
You need to soak the bristles in hot water for 5-10 min before your shave and after your shave clean and shake and gently rub on a towel.... It is the wetting and drying of the bristles as well as use that will quickly break your brush in. Good choice :)

It takes a good month of shaves to break in a boar brush so keep at it. The tips of the hair do split which gives it the softness. It is the wet & drying cycles that really promote the splitting. It will be worth it in the end.
The pre-soak before use is very important for a boar brush so allow at least 3 minutes for that before each use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom