Sent from ...

Is it just me or are others irritated by the tagline " Sent from my ...." at the end of many posts?

I post here and on other sites from my laptop, iPad and iPhone, in every case I have disabled this fatuous comment. It's the message that's important - one does not need to advertise how you sent it.

Grrrrr

Yes, does sound stupid but I bet you the marketing man is probably behind this and I bet you too that he or she convinced their boss that it's a good idea and there is some dosh to be made.

Sent from my brain using telepathy generator v3.8

I find it mildly annoying but less so now then when it first started, usually I just ignore it. It was worst in the early days when it seemed to just be iPhones, I'm sure then in a lot of cases it was people wanting to point out that they had one...

Sent from my back garden using a bonfire, an old blanket and smoke signals.

I just believe iPads should come with an inbuilt, non cancellable Mrchick avatar at the base of every message. It will make the world a kinder, gentler better place. This has become an article of faith with me.

JohnnyO. o/.

Is it just me or are others irritated by the tagline " Sent from my ...." at the end of many posts?

I post here and on other sites from my laptop, iPad and iPhone, in every case I have disabled this fatuous comment. It's the message that's important - one does not need to advertise how you sent it.

Grrrrr

I do hope you growl at people in real life. 'Wife, my dinner is cold, grrrrrr'

:)

It's just one of those many things that you learn to ignore like people using hashtags when not on twitter - the online equivalent of 'air quotation'

Grrrrr
I prefer to know that people are not using a pc/laptop and are on the move/using a mobile device. I expect different replies when people are behind their pc, and accept that they therefore might be restricted in doing things workwise or have slower response times than when sitting behind their desks.

This is my point of view coming from my job background, so I am almost blind to the 'annoying' sigs.

Back
Top Bottom