Sharp blades

Been trying my shavette again, with a selection of DE blades snapped in half and got a really good close shave with Gillette 7 o'clock yellow and not a single cut, I want to try some more sharp blades in the shavette are there any similar blades or sharper blades i should try with it?

I find that not all blades break 'clean'. Some bend before they snap leaving a bend at the broken end that is difficult to fit into some handles. You'll have to experiment or find 'professional' blades for barber use that are factory halfs.

Tall_Paul said:
I think Bestshave.net (amongst others) sells blades that are suitable for a shavette.

Yes he does, Paul (connaught) sells some too. I like the half blades best, as indeed sometimes the blades do not brake neatly. Cutting with scissors works better.

When i use the shavette i cut the blades in half with an old pair of scissors saves having to bend to brake them in half as for blades you could always try the iridums personally i use wilko's, ladas, rapira's just about anything thats cheap and get great results with them...

Cheers, I have a couple of feather and perma sharp will give them a try next time I use my shavette.
Yeah the blade do not snap clean but still fit perfectly fine in it just slight harder to line it up when closing it, will give scissors a go next time :)

Back
Top Bottom