Shave after returning from Hospitalization

Well I have not been participating in the SOTD photos due to a serious case of Cellulitis. It started well over two weeks ago and even though I was under my physician's care and taking oral antibiotics it was not able to overcome the strain of infection so into the hospital I went for four days. After discussion with several physicians and going through the list of all the possible ways that I could have gotten it, none of them were able to be directly related. So they determined that the cause is unknown and the fact that I am a diabetic merely makes it more difficult to heal.

Attached are two good links discussing Cellulitis. Given the fact that it is a serious and even life threatening situation I hope you will take the time to look them over.

http://www.medicinenet.com/cellulitis/article.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cellulitis/basics/definition/con-20023471

Now after the 4 days in the hospital, I returned home and decided that I wanted a quick efficient approach to get the lengthening hair off my face and head then to do a quick shave that would reduce the possibility of nicks since I am coming off of a blood thinner given at the hospital.

I decided to get my clippers out that I used 10 years ago when I first shaved my head and allowed that to get most of the growth off. It still worked and it did most of the clearing of the head and some on the face. I then used my Wahl groomer to line up and clear around my VanDyke so that I could more easily shave the remainder of the face.

I took my Trac II and some Barbasol which I don't use often but felt that it would be quick and efficient and it was. One pass with the Trac II was enough to get DFS which was all I needed for the afternoon. I will shave tomorrow so it did not need to be BBS or anywhere close to it.

Thanks for reading and please read the articles on Cellulitis.

15821730556_867be299d3_c.jpg

11/21/2014

Welcome home. Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to good health.

That's a nice looking handle for the Trac-II. I'm quite partial to a Trac-II shave. What blades do you have in there? I have some Feather F-II with the plastic tab to push out hair from between the blades and some PII from India. The latter are very smooth. Neither have that God-horrible "lube strip".

pjgh said:
That's a nice looking handle for the Trac-II. I'm quite partial to a Trac-II shave. What blades do you have in there? I have some Feather F-II with the plastic tab to push out hair from between the blades and some PII from India. The latter are very smooth. Neither have that God-horrible "lube strip".

This was some Personna carts made by ASR before they were absorbed into Engergizer / Schick.

I may have to look into the Feather F-II carts in the future.

I agree about the lube strips. The only thing they are useful for is reducing the overall effectiveness of the Trac II system.

olebluenose said:
My wife once had cellulitis, and my sympathies are with you. Welcome home, with best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to hassle free shaving.

jim3rg said:
Sorry to hear about your illness and wish you a speedy recovery.

Jim

pjgh said:
Welcome home. Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to good health.

Thanks gents. I am still working on getting that infection cleared so I will have to monitor it closely until it is gone.

I hope that those who have seen this thread have read the links because the doctors have told me this is getting more and more prevalent as time goes by so please be aware of this.

Back
Top Bottom