Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

Razor: Timeless Titanium OC Scalloped 0.95
Blade: Astra Platinum (7)
Brush: H.L. Thater Funf TSN LE Butterscotch Beehive 5th Anniversary 2 Band
Soap: Oleo Pucker
A/S: Myrsol Aqua de Limon

View attachment 28211

Amazing day in Sterling Scotland at the Cowal Highland Gathering Highland Dance Championships for our grand daughter. She got first in her age category and first in the Premier Division.

View attachment 28212
Her success certainly makes your trip to Scotland a more memorable occasion. Well done the young Lady.

Saturday Shave

RazoRock Syn 22mm
Tabac
ATT SE1 & Windrose S/S handle
Schick Proline Type P [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

My second outing with the ATT, this time using a slimmer handle which I have used with success on the Brass General. Quite strange that a similar style handle has been chosen for the S/S General.
The change of handle worked for me as the razor felt more agile and felt better in my relatively small hands.

The Shave again was extremely smooth and satisfyingly close all round. Feel sure that I am not alone
in thinking that whilst Shaving with these modern AC powered Razors gives good results,there is something special about getting a great Shave with Vintage SE Razors.

IMG_1518.jpg

SOTD_20170820-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Le Grelot - 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Vie-Long - 14830 (Horse Hair)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Scheermonnik - Delftse Donderslag
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Castaway
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Eau du Kashmir

Saturday Shave

RazoRock Syn 22mm
Tabac
ATT SE1 & Windrose S/S handle
Schick Proline Type P [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

My second outing with the ATT, this time using a slimmer handle which I have used with success on the Brass General. Quite strange that a similar style handle has been chosen for the S/S General.
The change of handle worked for me as the razor felt more agile and felt better in my relatively small hands.

The Shave again was extremely smooth and satisfyingly close all round. Feel sure that I am not alone
in thinking that whilst Shaving with these modern AC powered Razors gives good results,there is something special about getting a great Shave with Vintage SE Razors.

View attachment 28222
You are not alone re there being something special about getting a great shave with vintage SE razors, so much more satisfaction when using a vintage SE razor. :) P.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Tabac
Razor: British Ever Ready 1912
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Even more cold water, Homemade Skinfood Balm Thingy

IMG_20170819_222256.jpg

After yesterday's mediocre shave, I reached for my comfort blanket, (enter stage right), the Ever Faithful 1912 ;).
Face, covered in a rich slick coating of Tabac, armed with my favourite razor (loaded with a shimmed carbon blade), what could go wrong?
Absolutely nothing.
I hope the rest of my Sunday is this good.
Happy Sunday everyone.

Sunday

Olive Oil Soap and Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
RR Plague Doctor Soap
Zenith Boar
Ever-Ready (GB) 1912 with a GEM SS and shim(#10)
Home made Cyder Vinegar Toner
Rosewater and Glycerine Moisturiser
James Bronnley Gentlemens EDT

A nice relaxed Sunday morning Shave. I LOVE the scent of the Plague Doctor soap, and the Zenith Boar Brush is breaking in really well. I think that I will retire the blade today. Its working just fine....but pushing for more than 10 shaves with a blade is perhaps a little greedy and I don't want to ruin the experience! 3 pass BBS with absolutely no irritation and I am all set for Sunday Lunch at the Local:)

SOTD: 20th August 2017.
2.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Derby Shave Stick .(Disk)

Blade: Personna Lab Blue . (2)

Razor: Sharpy England .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /David Beckham ~ Instinct Aftershave .

Morrisons~ Aloe Moisture Lotion .

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick up's sunday morning shave with no errors to report, yet again..

The Personna lab blue blades are a really smooth mild blades, and pair up really well in either aggressive or non- aggressive razors.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Haslinger Honig.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Wolfman Guerilla (on loan).
Permasharp (2).
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

Third shave with the Woolfman. Another very comfortable, reasonably close shave. I have enjoyed using this razor, and it certainly is a lovely thing in the hand. But it's not a razor I will be adding to my wish list. On the other hand, Haslinger soaps are fantastic! Enjoy your Sunday gents.

Sunday 20/08/2017 AM Shave

Body Shave:

Omega Pro 49
Palmolive Sensitive shaving cream
Captains Choice large lather bowl
Wilkinson Sword Classic
Polsilver SI (3)
Benjamin's Mentholated Bay Rum.
Medicated Dusting Powder

2fe18f9aff7b87504b14a518590e69c0.jpg

Face shave:

Prep: Hot shower and Somerset Preshave oil
Omega pro 49
Palmolive Sensitive shaving cream
Parker 94r
Feather (3)
Benjamin's Mentholated Bay Rum.
Soap commander Vision Aftershave balm

Overall a nice simple and efficient close body and face shave this morning.

Omega Pro was commissioned for its coverage qualities! It never fails to whip up a creamy lather in no time.

Whilst taking a hot shower, a typical Body shave for me consists of an underarm, chest and groin shave (I do loads of cycling!) and the wilkinson sword classic Razor is my exclusive go to razor for this type of shave, good grip and lightweight control.

After said areas successfully dehaired , I'm all hydrated and ready to go! Benjamin's Mentholated used as a refreshing cooling body splash, after drying, medicated dusting powder applied to sooth and settle down nicley.

As for the 3 pass face shave, no errors to report with the Parker 94r, just great and effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom