Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

Thanks Rob, I bought the brush from Steve (@Sid James ) on the BST thanks Steve.I don't know how the brush performed when new (Steve did the hard work breaking it in ). Today was my first shave with the SOC SE and it pampered my face with lather, felt more like a badger hair rather than a mix of badger / boar.Very soft tips and just enough backbone to stop it being to floppy.

It was a joy to use today and long may it continue

Have a nice weekend buddy :)

Thanks for getting back to me Pat and your thoughts.

Enjoy the long weekend too champ.:)

Ever ready 1912
Tabac soap
Maggard brush
Bay rum
:)
13a196de231d4d7c8d4bac658901d507.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

rbpmbIUP.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
Merkur 34c HD
Rapira Super Stainless (3)
Razormaster Pekka
Boots Tea Tree WH, La Toja balm & Old Spice Whitewater

A very nice shave, in fact of my best. Risked chasing the BBS which didn't cause any issues. This soap is a very good soap, nice aquatic scent and the lather is second to none. Thought it matches the La Toja very well, using the balm was last minute so in hindsight I should have paired the splash too. I don't chase the BBS especially my neck and I have experimented a few strokes ATG and it seemed no harm so risked it today and it paid off. Very happy with the shave and of all my razors this would be the one that I would not have expected being able to get BBS using, irritation yes but not BBS.

Friday afternoon;

IMG_5075.jpg

Hard work = an early finish, but not too early as the Postman caught me just before I left! He handed me a partcel containing a Fatip Grande and Wickham Russian Leather, courtesy of @windows95! I thought, 'to hell with it', that I'd have a shave when I got home.
I decided against the Russian Leather, this time, and opted instead for Club Cola. Such a gorgeously fruity, sweet scent! I may have to purchase the balm of this, come pay day!
Anywho, onto the shave. Great lather whipped up with my 26mm 2-band badger. The handle is, quite obviously, not that of a Fatip Grande but instead of a Thomas Clipper DE. Hefty stainless steel gave some nice weight to the shave, once paired with a fresh Astra Green.
Two passes and I was done. WTG and XTG. No issue, sort of! I looked up after rinsing the razor following the second pass and had the most minute couple of specks of blood. I do mean tiny. Think tip of a pin small. They stopped themselves after rinsing my face with cold water and have caused me no issue since. BBA post-shave balm did the trick as well, so I feel and look smooth, clean and...grande! (I was wondering when I'd get to use that one! :D )

Tl,dr; Grand shave with a grand, Grande razor head, grand blade (though I think I still prefer Nacets), grand lather with a grand brush. Feeling grand thereafter. Grand.

Onto the next one, gents!

Evening gentlemen,
Well I will start as I often do! This was not a great shave! :)
However it marked the beginnings of a long weekend so it doesn't matter too much.
As is my mantra," Tabac is your friend"
However the nacett stainless blade was not tonight, very blunt on only it's second outing, it just wouldn't do it no matter how many directions I attacked the stubble from, or how many passes.
A few weepers too, but only to be expected with the number of passes.
But I still smell good and feel that happy Friday feeling.
Have a great weekend guys.
Muhle r89
Nacett blade
Grosvenor boar brush
Tabac soap
Tabac underarm
Tabac lotion
IMAG1205_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom