Shave of the day, Saturday 8th- Friday 14th April 2017

Saturday AM 2017-04-08

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Porcelain Finest (22mm/45mm)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage) + Sienna shaving cream (vintage)
Feather AS-D2
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
seI6oTU.jpg

Sat 8th April
Omega 11137 boar
Lea classic soap
Supply Single Edge
Schick " Chick" [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Eureka Moment
Having had a great yesterday with the PAL Adjustable yesterday, I decided to revisit its modern counterpart The Supply Single Edge. I never even on a 3* plate got consistent Shaves, and felt it was too smooth with no blade feel.

This time I laid the Head on an unlathered cheek and angled it till I felt the Bite. I think previously had always started the Shave off on a lathered face, and because the Razor action is so smooth I feel I perhaps did not get the best angle of attack. Concentrated a lot more and attained not only a smooth shave, but also a reasonable close all round Shave. Still think a more aggressive plate is required for those of us with strong beard growth, but can imagine it will be really good for those with average growth.

IMG_1233.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 8th April 2017
View attachment 24553
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Zirh Prepare oil
Razor: Schick Adjustable (7)
Blade: Personna (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew
AS: Dior Fahrenheit

Fantastic shave today, the Schick adjustable working great, so far I have only used a Personna blade in this razor but I have both Chinese Schicks and some twin blades, I am looking forward to seeing how they work for me in this razor. I think I will try the twin blades next, and keep the Chicks for my PAL Injecto-matic.

I was getting a bit bored with the Proraso Red pre shave, and wanted something with little or no scent as I was trying a new soap. Decided to use the Zirh Prepare oil, it is not too messy for an oil and did not leave the sink in a mess like some others I have tried.

The Mountain Yew soap was a very generous sample kindly supplied by @Blackmass . Before lathering the soap has hint of Vicks or Tiger Balm, but when lathered it changes, I found it reminded me a bit Dior Fahrenheit so that was a good excuse to dig it out from the back of the cupboard as I can't remember the last time I used it, but you can't forget the smell. The soap gives a good lather, I thought I was overloading the brush but it turned out just right, so it looks like this soap takes a bit or work to get going but once there it is really good.

Thanks also to @patw who gifted the soap first.
You Got it right. The Twin goes into the Schick Adjustable, they will not fit in either the PAL Injecto- Matic or the Adjustable- DO NOT TRY.

Last edited:
Saturday 8th April 2017
View attachment 24553
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Zirh Prepare oil
Razor: Schick Adjustable (7)
Blade: Personna (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew
AS: Dior Fahrenheit

Fantastic shave today, the Schick adjustable working great, so far I have only used a Personna blade in this razor but I have both Chinese Schicks and some twin blades, I am looking forward to seeing how they work for me in this razor. I think I will try the twin blades next, and keep the Chicks for my PAL Injecto-matic.

I was getting a bit bored with the Proraso Red pre shave, and wanted something with little or no scent as I was trying a new soap. Decided to use the Zirh Prepare oil, it is not too messy for an oil and did not leave the sink in a mess like some others I have tried.

The Mountain Yew soap was a very generous sample kindly supplied by @Blackmass . Before lathering the soap has hint of Vicks or Tiger Balm, but when lathered it changes, I found it reminded me a bit Dior Fahrenheit so that was a good excuse to dig it out from the back of the cupboard as I can't remember the last time I used it, but you can't forget the smell. The soap gives a good lather, I thought I was overloading the brush but it turned out just right, so it looks like this soap takes a bit or work to get going but once there it is really good.

Thanks also to @patw who gifted the soap first.
Once You Try Twins in this Injector You Probably Wont Want to Use Any Other Blade in it..A Twin Blade Transforms this Injector into a Superb Shaver..:oops:

Billy

Back
Top Bottom