Shave of the day, Saturday 8th- Friday 14th April 2017

This morning's first use with a recently acquired Gem Junior !
Absolutely BBS everywhere even in my most awkward place under the chin !
All in all an exceptional buttery smooth shave !
Pre - Hot Shower
Cream - Cella Cream da Barba Almond
Brush - Muhle Sophist Silvertip Fibre
Razor - Gem Junior
Blade - Gem Stainless on 5th use
Aftershave - Chanel Allure Homme
EDT - Chanel Allure Homme

P1060936_zpspm7cksrn.jpg
Great little razor! :)

Friday AM 2017-04-14

Helen Chen suribachi
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/54mm)
Cussons Imperial Leather shaving soap (vintage)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Hexagon Helix
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (4)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)
l3yXoPw.jpg
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave, great scent - my all time favourite.

Drogisterij van der Gaag http://drogisterijvandergaag.nl/ I was in the Hague last December and I paid this shop a visit. I have seen these brushes on eBay. Not seen these brushes in any UK shaving suppliers sites, maybe using google.de might turn up some German suppliers.

This brush and my Kent BLk4 are the two best badger brushes I have, so far at least. They are both Silvertip but the Hans Baier is much firmer, it is a fantastic brush and great value for the price.

I think this is the same brush as mine:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rasierpin...039835?hash=item4b153fa55b:g:okUAAOSwUKxYb4U3

Bizzyberry,

Many thanks for the reply and links - great stuff!

SOTD - Friday 14/04/2017 -

Today's shave brought to you in association with - thanks @Blademonkey

Razor - Gibbs vintage adjustable - set on 1.5
Blade - Nacet - adapted for the razor
Soap - Monsavon Lait Bol a Raser
Brush - Wee Scot - tortoiseshell limited edition
Post - Allum and Witch Hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Weleda

Result - superb. New hardware and software to try. I received the Gibbs in the post today - what a razor. In size it sort of resembles a Merkur HD but with a heft that reminds you more of a Progress. I trimmed a blade for it - I was mildly apprehensive about this stage - but it turned out to be simple. Mowed through a three day growth with no apparent effort. Effective but mild in use - I never once thought it was going to bite. Fantastic. This is a keeper. Thanks also to @Bizzyberry for posting a pic of one last week - I'd never heard of them. The soap was great - in my haste to have a shave I didn't check the ingredients until after. It's tallow and has milk in the formula - funnily enough - I thought of Haslinger Shafmilch when I was using it. Thick, creamy, protective and ridiculously easy to lather. My skin loved it. If you have never tried a Wee Scot - you don't know what you are missing. Tiny - yes - but not a novelty brush in any way. Holds lather for three passes without a problem. It's a very precise brush in use - the Best hair has a pleasant scritch to it. Finally - I am not hugely keen on the scent of the Weleda balm but you couldn't argue with its effectiveness. Thanks again Paul. Enjoy your shaves - I

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty (R-2) 1971
Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Plus (14)
Brush: El Druida Barberpole w/Manchurian
Soap: Eufros Brisa da Oriente
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man Balm.
Another excellent 3 passes with a minor clean up for a near BBS. I hope everyone have a great Easter weekend with family and friends.
View attachment 24680
Fab shot.....again :)

Prep: Saponificio Varesino Monoi de Tahiti
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood Bowl
Brush: Thäter 4125-2 2-Band
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica 4.3
Razor: Razorock Black Mamba on Stork AN14 TI
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
AS: Floid Genuine
AS: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
C4531E34-F67D-4ACA-A548-AD71714C8108_zpsured9sao.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

How you liking that SV olive wood shave bowl @motto ? I wanted to get one but they're sold out of them now.

How you liking that SV olive wood shave bowl @motto ? I wanted to get one but they're sold out of them now.
I got the bowl as a gift. The olive wood just looks fantastic. The bowl has a short handle attached to the bottom which makes it very ergonomic and easy to use. The inside has a rough surface which makes lathering effient. If you like wooden bowls this one is a good choice.
Best Regards
Marco

I got the bowl as a gift. The olive wood just looks fantastic. The bowl has a short handle attached to the bottom which makes it very ergonomic and easy to use. The inside has a rough surface which makes lathering effient. If you like wooden bowls this one is a good choice.
Best Regards
Marco

Hmmm me want one! :(

Back
Top Bottom