Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

SOTD 20170712

oqXvXEo.jpg

Brush: J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo synthetic STF 26 mm.
Shaving soap: Scheermonnik "Soek".
Razor: SSSeygus Extrem OC.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (8).
After shave: Reuzel.

Hi Paul,
Great write-up and photo. The Sabre is one stunning looking razor. I know you've only had a couple of shaves with the Sabre plus it uses a different type of blade but….

Can you compare the shave aggression/efficiency/smoothness to any of the ATT razors, the Hone 15 or even The General SE?

Cheers
Rob
That's a hard one, as you say the blades are different and I've had success with razors like the brass General where you haven't so making a comparison to other razors won't help you much.......all I can say at the moment is with the blade I've been using its a Very Smooth but also a very Efficient razor, clean in two passes, and a buttery smooth finnish.
Now I have not used it with the SS Gem blades yet with this razor so I can't comment on those but I am going to use one in a couple of days so will be able to tell you then. I am shaving with the Sabre for a full 7 days in a row so I can get enough of a feel for it so I am able to write a reveiw regarding the razor and the different blades I will be using.
It's too early yet but I could stick my neck out and say this may be my best razor I've had yet.....but as I've said, It's a bit early to say for sure, the General fitted with a feather super is very efficient but perhaps not quite as smooth as the Sabre but not far off .
I agree it is one stunning looking razor and for me even after only two shaves I would say it shaves as good as it looks! :)
I hope this has been of some help Rob.

Last edited:
That's a hard one, as you say the blades are different and I've had success with razors like the brass General where you haven't so making a comparison to other razors won't help you much.......all I can say at the moment is with the blade I've been using its a Very Smooth but also a very Efficient razor, clean in two passes, and a buttery smooth finnish.
Now I have not used it with the SS Gem blades yet so can't comment on those but I am going to use one in a couple of days so will be able to tell you then. I am shaving with the Sabre for a full 7 days in a row so I can get enough of a feel for it so I am able to write a reveiw regarding the razor and the different blades I will be using. It's too early yet but I could stick my neck out and say this may be my best razor I've had yet.....but as I've said, It's a bit early to say for sure, the General fitted with a feather super is very efficient but perhaps not as smooth as the Sabre. I agree it is one stunning looking razor and for me even after only two shaves I would say it shaves as good as it looks! :)
I hope this has been of some help Rob.

Thanks Paul. I appreciate your thoughts. I did actually really like the Brass General (shocker I know:rolleyes:). It was only the handle which was the deal breaker for me. I thought the shave it gave was excellent.
My main concern is if it's too mild like the Hone 15. Again a razor I really liked but too mild for me….and too heavy.

I look forward to your fourth coming reports. Have a good day champ.:cool:

Cheers
Rob:)

Nowhere near as mild as the Hone or as heavy. Could you not have the general and re tool the handle or simply replace with another brass handle? Charcoal goods or what ever they are called! :)

I was tempted with the Brass General, especially a few weeks back when they reduced the price for a couple of days. I already have the Aluminium version anyway, which I love. I decided against buy the Brass version. I can't see the point in buying a full razor and not using the handle. I'm hoping the Stainless Steel version appeals to me more…but I digress….

The ''nowhere near as mild as the Hone'' is music to my ears but not my bank balance…..must resist, must resist.

I was tempted with the Brass General, especially a few weeks back when they reduced the price for a couple of days. I already have the Aluminium version anyway, which I love. I decided against buy the Brass version. I can't see the point in buying a full razor and not using the handle. I'm hoping the Stainless Steel version appeals to me more…but I digress….

The ''nowhere near as mild as the Hone'' is music to my ears but not my bank balance…..must resist, must resist.
Resistance is futile, you know that! :)

20065535_195937210939640_1400358427410038784_n.jpg

Brush: Omega S10018
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Calani Iberische Sonne
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

A rare two days growth for me today, decided to use the lesser spotted Fatip for the job, I do still get the usual nicks under my chin with this razor, hindsight maybe shouldn't have done three passes on my neck but I couldn't resist. A great shave otherwise,it is gentler compared to it's OC brothers but not a DE89... Very impressed with the S brush, prefering it to the floppy plisson style knots. Calani superb as always.

Wow, it looks like paradise mate, I see you have picked up the lingo fast enough ! They will love that in Cornwall! :) great picture, I'm not jealous one little bit...........ok yes I am. :) have yourselves a great time and try and teach some of the locals a bit of Cornish ,Proper job!
All right my ansum, right on! :)
Funnily enough we had a late night boozy discussion about accents and local dialects last night.

Back after a weekend away in Amsterdam for my Stag, a much needed back to reality shave was needed..

Pre was Palmers men face wash
Brush Stirling finest
Soap is Wickhams Buddha wood
Aftershave is Myrsol Balsamica
Balm is Wickhams Buddha wood

Absolutely incredible as always FROM Wickhams, a must in anyone's den, once you grab one and use one, you'll add to the collection!

Cheers to all :)
674f379569dd6a71f16f529aab0e2df7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub
Cream: XPEC original
Brush: SV 2.0 High Mountain white (faux horn resin)
Razor: Razorock black hawk with a feather proguard blade (6)
Post shave: Lucky Tiger after shave & face tonic

35876772835_ca9a3ee947_c.jpg

Another great shave with the SV brush, I can highly recommend it and it feels very luxurious. I know the scent of XPEC is dividing, but I actually rather enjoy it. The cream provided a very slick shaving experience along with the hawk. I find that I can get away with applying quite a bit of pressure with the razor / blade combo. The result is a very good shave after 3 passes and a small touch up.

Back
Top Bottom