Shave Of The Day Saturday 8th -Friday 14th July

fr8J7Ooh.jpg

Nothing beats a good ol' smooth shave & a fresh scent!

Razor: Mongoose B2 w/Custom Stainless Steel Handle from England
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band Badger
Soap: Timeless Signature Bay Rum
A/S: Floid Vigoroso
Bowl: Boise Mudworks Blue

The heavier stainless steel handle off sets the weight of the head very nicely. The handle weights in at 95.1 grams. I got a very comfortable near BBS shave today with these tools. The Floid Vigoroso is an excellent aftershave.

13 07 17a.jpg

Thursday 13th July 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Treet Carbon Black (#3)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Ingrams
AS: Lucido

A decent shave today, I think maybe 3 shaves out of the Treet Carbon is pushing it. Shave was still smooth but there was some minor irritation which soon passed. I also switched back to using Humphreys Witch Hazel today, I like Thayers generally, especially the Cucumber and while I like the scent of the Lemon Thayers I have been using lately it does leave a residue for a while.

image.jpg SOTD 14th July Friday

Third shave into my back to back 7 day use of my Blackland Sabre.

Prep....Shower~ Lavender & Olive Oil soap
Razor....Blackland Sabre
Blade....Pal Super, Carbon
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Soap....Meissner -Tremonia ~Dark Limes
Brush....Omega Pro 49
Post....Thayers Rose~Jojoba Oil
Scent....Yardley 1770 EDT

Refreshed but most of all hydrated by my shower I knocked up a superb lather with my trusty O49 and my now indispensable Little Wren lathering bowl. The T-M, Dark Limes is a strange soap, because the puck is black but lathers up to an off white, it smells wonderful with a Strong lime scent with a bitter floral note and is very slick because of the black clay that gives it its appearance, anyway enough about the soap, on to the shave.

The Sabre was again fitted with the Pal-Super carbon blade and I set to whisker wacking, with the cap of the razor almost touching my skin which I have found to give the best results, it made short work of mowing down my stubble, two passes South and North and a few touch ups where my hair is troublesome and I was really smooth skinned with zero signs of any irritation, fantastic! What a razor and blade combo this is.

I finnished this wonderful shave with a splash of Thayers and once dryed I applied a little Jojoba Oil as a moisturiser, I dispensed with the balm today not feeling I needed it, the shave being so smooth.

The final touch was with a light body spray of Yardley 1770 EDT which has quite a complex woody spicy fragrance, very nice indeed.

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday.........:)

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 14 July 2017

Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

Friday

Olive Oil soap
3P Preshave cream
Nanny's Ice and a Slice Soap
Semogue 1470 Brush
Supply SE with a Proline-B (#1)
Alum Block and rinse
Jojoba Gold Oil
Clubman Lime Sec Cologne

Not a stunning shave today....just very good. Its so long since I have used this razor....I have to re find the correct angle all over again. The shave was also on the classic plate, so I also will move to Plate #3.
Thee passes and a lot of touching up to achieve the end result

Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Proraso - Sandalwood Crema Pre Barba
Proraso - Sandalwood Sapone da Barba (Shaving Cream)
Omega - 20102 Boar
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Astra Superium Platinum (1)
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Proraso - Sandalwood Lozione Dopobarba

Wow ... that Astra Platinum is very sharp in the Merkur 37C, but bit more aggressive than the Feather. Cuts the stubbles like nothing WTG and ATG. Left two tiny spots, one left and the other right of my mouth, although I really did care for each stroke. That blade gave me a perfect BBS shave in two passes. I love the Proraso Sandalwood line. Very high quality products for less money. Well done Proraso.

That Friday morning shave was accompanied by some music of German band Element of Crime.

Back
Top Bottom