Sotd - Friday 15/3 -

Razor - Gem MM Open comb brass
blade - ER Corrux (2)
brush - Maseto 24mm 2 band
soap - Indian Old Spice
post - witch hazel
a/s - Old Spice original
balm - Russian Vitamin F.

Result - I really enjoyed that. No work on today - so I could indulge in a relaxed afternoon shave, with a serious mimsy thrown in for good measure. The MM is a fantastic razor for me - I love everything about it. The shave it gives me is stellar. First use of the Old Spice cream - does the job just fine. I don't know what it smells of but it isn't Old Spice - that's for sure. It maybe left my face initially a wee bit dry but given the miracle like qualities of the Vitamin F balm that was of no concern. The best thing about the cream is this - quoting from the text on the tube - I'm not making this up -

'For the gentleman with exceptional taste in scents, rugs (!) and TV shows.'

'Dear man - your hands were not made to carry shopping bags or stroke furry kittens (!!) however cute they may be. No, your hands were made so you can sculpt statues of yourself. Or squeeze out a a handsome amount of this smooth, man-friendly tube of Old Spice Shaving Cream. Buy it and all else will be forgotten.'

Wow - I'd better get rid of the kittens and order a large lump of marble - I'm obviously letting the side down.

Enjoy your shaves one and all - cheers - I.
The manafacturers know you too well Iain.

Prep: Razorock Pre Barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 with Nathan Clark Envy White Knot
Soap: Proraso
Razor: Weber PH on Classic Handle
Blade: Ladas
AS: Proraso Dopo Barba
SOTD_20170910.jpg

Best Regards
Marco
What a beautiful brush

I bought the Razorock 400 Rubberset type and the plan was to re-knot it with a badger knot but the synthetic knot is very nice so I guess I'll have to get another one lol... unless I can find one with a badger knot already in.

Back
Top Bottom