Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 16th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday - 70's retro vibe

Cheap fake Gillette GII handle
Morrison's brand multi fit GII compatible blades
Tabac soap, face lathered
Nivia ASB (OK, that's modern stuff)

This is kinda fun. Works pretty well, nothing like using a modern cartridge razor, no ergonomic grips, swivel heads or flexible blades here. Definitely a retro vibe. Got a good close shave, but for some reason I'm, now thinking about growing a Burt Reynolds style mustache and buying a 3 lite Capri...

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Magnetic w leopard wooden scales
Brush: Scheerzeep 21 mm silvertip
Cream: Salter Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Clean

It starts to get cold here now and Proraso has been added to the routine.
50622d1287645580-sun-october-17th-sat-october-23rd-snb13993.jpg

Great work on the scales and the handle of the brush, they looks nice

Thursday, 10-21-10. MUSIC:Stan Getz_LP The very best of Stan Getz (2002).

Soap from Alepo - Simpson Persian Jar 2 Two Bands - Gillette English Aristocrt #58 - Perma Sharp #2 - Pre 3P - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Yardley of London Ice + ASB La Toja.

Afeitado21-10-10002.jpg

today was a good good shave :)

the planets aligned... with a little help from:

41fFKEDFKrL.jpg

and

51c8WfHs3jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and

nf2201.jpg

and

edwin-jagger-de87__41671_zoom.jpg

and

feather_10.jpg

and

Clinique-Post-Shave-Healer-for_999BFC2F.jpg

no irritation, no cuts, no pain, nice smooth clean shave. Top stuff.

I got most of this stuff for my birthday on tuesday, so its been fun trying it all out.

Thursday

G. 40's SS
Shark
Geo. F. Trumper GT-3
ARKO SS
Alum
Brut Attitude / 444

Smooth as....

This brush never fails to impress. It makes a great lather out of all my soaps & creams.

Proraso sensitive pre/post
Muhle R106
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
Nanny's Lavender soap
SOC
Nivea Sensitive ASB

I had 4 days worth of growth to get rid of this morning as I had been away and did not take my shaving kit with me.

Overall the shave was a pretty good one, but I had made the lather up in a bowl again and still had enough left to do a third pass and stupidly started doing some ATG along my jawline when I know that it just ends up irritating my skin :( I did nt go as mad as I did at the weekend, but I really should stop myself doing things I know will cause irritation.

Thursday Afternoon.

Hot shower
Merkur R89
Gillette Super Thin
MWF
Proraso pre/post shave
Omega 10005
Proraso
A/S.

I bought the MWF soap a couple of weeks ago and didnt rate it so much on my first try :eek: , but today I thought I would give it another go and boy im glad I did :) .
Lathered up lovely, had to put a bit of elbow grease into it but bowl lathered it up in about 3-5 minutes.
I used a super thin blade which I feel performs the same as a Personna red, which for me is very satisfactory.
Ive been thinking of spending a bit of money on a quality pure badger hair brush, but the Omega 10005 boar brush never fails to perform oustandingly. Maybe when ive £50 spare I might look at getting one but for now the Omega is good enough. ;)

All in all a very, very comfortable shave, 2 passes 1WTG, 1XTG and a few touch ups.

JaseB said:
Try face lathering MWF next time.. its the way forward. As for a badger hair brush. one name.. new forest. nuff said. :D

New Forest, I agree. For the money it seems a bit of a no brainer, im very tempted as it has had nothing but good reviews.
I cant be arsed to face lather, I dont want to be rubbing the brush any longer than I have to on my face. I have tried a couple of times but prefer to get the perfect lather in a bowl and then im ready for the shave :shave .

Thursday, 10.21.10

Hot Shower
Mitchell's Wool Fat
New Forest #2211 Silvertip
Gebr. Weyersberg Corneta 078½
SRD Premium I Strop ... 41 Linen/85 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Mennen Skin Bracer

I rarely shower at this time of day, but spending the morning on my back under the truck convinced me! I'm gettin' too old and too stiff for this stuff!!
The Corneta surprises me every time I use it, as I tend to forget just how good it is... The New Forest Silvertip also was a revelation on da' Fat. I expected a bit less performance than one of my boars, but it proved to me just how versatile it is...

IMG_2244.jpg

Thursday evening

Hot shower
Proraso pre
Monsavon
NF2211
Fatboy (5)
Super Iridium (1)
Speick AS

Continuing the SOC/FB back to back experiment with the Monsavon - and certainly no shortage of lather tonight! I could probably have stretched it to five passes! I tried a bit of J-Hooking under my chin, which was very successful, finished off well with the Speick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom