Shave of the day W/C Saturday 16th of July

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
Barbership Bay Rum AS
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP (great lime frag that actually lasts a long time)

Tried a new to me Executive this morning, just to make sure it performed well. Yep, found this one in the wild in good shape. I've shaved with two of these in the past.....one turned out to be my go to razor, and the other one didn't fit me well at all. Turns out I finally found the back up Executive I'd been looking for.......this one fits me just fine.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday PM

Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
Edwin Jagger pure badger
Edwin Jagger DE87
Lord blade
Alum Block
Nivea Sensitive ASB

Sunday

Omega SS/Trueffit and Hill (Rooney 1/1) brush/Edwin Jagger DE86 with Treet Classic/Myrsol Emulsion/Acqua Di Parma Colonia

P1220344.jpg

P1220345.jpg

Sunday Evening Shave

Sponge and MWF prep
Vulfix 404
MWF
Gillette HD Rocket
Gillette 7 o'clock green (3rd and final use)
Witch Hazel
Trumper lime skin food

I'd give this an 7.5 out of 10. Superbly smooth in parts but can feel a bit I've not done so well on my neck.

Loving the combo of the Rocket and the greens though. Work very well.

Have you say my two best shaves so far have been with an Aristocrat and the Rocket. And I am continuing to be impressed with the greens.

Day off shaving yesterday. Tonight:

Hot shower
TOBS lemon and lime, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Merkur HD, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (3)
Nivea ASB

Another splendid shave. Almost boring :).

Sunday

5/8 Army & Navy Toilet Club
RSC Double-Moisturising Shaving Cream
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS Cologne

Monday

MÜHLE R41 with Wilkinson (German) blade
Florena shave cream
le Tuft faux amber brush with Simpson knot in Super
Korres Pomegranate day moisturizing cream
Diptyque Eau Lente Eau de Toilette

RIMG0001.jpg

This razor is very aggressive indeed. An excellent and fast shave, just what I wanted for a Monday morning. One pass and touch-ups, just short of BBS. Face is smooth and soft after this, thanks to the Korres cream as well.

The new MÜHLE R41 is by far the most aggressive DE razor I have come across, adjustables left aside. If you are careful when you initially land the razor to touch your face and provided you get the angle right (this depends on experience), you will be rewarded with an ultimately close shave.

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

New cake of MWF! Going to try to stick to this combo for the week.

Ian

I've used some more of my Castle Forbes Lavender cream these past couple of days. It remains my number 1. A superb lather and scent. I need to consult soon on other Castle Forbes creams to try.

Jagger Chatsworth/red personna and NF brush plus Body Shop balm also on duty.

Monday 18th July

Valobra stick - New Forest 2211 - Eclipse Red Ring - 1970s Gillette Platinum - Floid Blue - English Fern​

The Valobra stick makes a very good lather and has a nice clean scent. The Eclipse was okay. I think it might take a while to find the right blade and I may need to dial it up a bit, but I'll use it for a bit before I decide.

Back
Top Bottom