Shave stick problems

craiginuk said:
Have you tried a Palmolive shaving stick? Only 49p at Tesco at the moment and I've been getting good results with face lathering as a newbie.

Bilbo said:
After reading the replies on here I pressed the stick into a bowl that used to contain wilkinson's shave soap and tried to load the brush like I would a normal cake of shaving soap using my EJ pure badger brush. Lather better and longer lasting than before but still not brilliant, got frustrated with this and went back to TOBS cream for the XTG pass.

Ian M, not sure if it is tallow based, the stick is a plae white colour? But it would appear pretty crappy! On the box it says Erasmic total shaving logic, total shaving arse more like!

Little wary of shave sticks in general now. Anyway christams coming up so hopefully get some more TOBS shaving cream. But will keep trying the cheaper end of the market as well such as palmolive, ingrams etc. After all that is why I got into this and I have managed to fend off the aquisition disorder so far though being skint as well has probably helped!

cyril said:
This is how I do :

I wet my face then rubber the stick against my face tipping the stick in water if it dries too much.
The trick I think is to insist and when your face is fully covered with a white proto lather almost like if you were to wash your face with a bath soap.
Then you can enjoy a good face lathering with a short lofted shaving brush (no more than 50 mm long I would say, if not it might be very tedious to achieve the desired result). The brush is then loaded with enough lather for several passes.

Since I have been using this procedure I enjoy the sticks very much.

This is exactly what I do. I have La Toja, Palmolive and Arko sticks and they all achieve fantastic results doing this.

jon_hall said:
Try and get hold of an Arko stick.

Definitely. A strong whiff but the best lather of my three sticks. Exceptional value for money.

Back
Top Bottom