Shaving Acquisitions April

IMG_1586.jpegIMG_1587.jpeg
The HC&C just pips the MSC off the puck but both are extremely strong and spot on matches! I knew in particularly that MSC would do a good version of Tom Fords Black Orchid and I’m not disappointed, I just wish I could have got the splash as well! The HC&C is absolutely amazing and a spot on version of Sauvage Elixir. I was slightly cynical that they would be able to capture the difference from it and the original but it’s perfect and nearly as strong off the puck as the splash itself! The Murphy and McNeil are both mid to light versions of the Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and Oud Wood. The Oud Wood/Magh Tured is lovely and spot on dupe, but a very mild version of the original scent, and the same it the case for the Neroli Portofino/Cat Sidhe. Both the pucks seems to have dried away from the pot sides perhaps an indication of how long they’ve been in stock at Pasteurs or just how dry a soap Murphy&Mcneil make? Hopefully they’ll improve when lathered. Regardless I take wait to try them out! Expect a clear out on the BST to make room!

View attachment 105006View attachment 105007
The HC&C just pips the MSC off the puck but both are extremely strong and spot on matches! I knew in particularly that MSC would do a good version of Tom Fords Black Orchid and I’m not disappointed, I just wish I could have got the splash as well! The HC&C is absolutely amazing and a spot on version of Sauvage Elixir. I was slightly cynical that they would be able to capture the difference from it and the original but it’s perfect and nearly as strong off the puck as the splash itself! The Murphy and McNeil are both mid to light versions of the Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and Oud Wood. The Oud Wood/Magh Tured is lovely and spot on dupe, but a very mild version of the original scent, and the same it the case for the Neroli Portofino/Cat Sidhe. Both the pucks seems to have dried away from the pot sides perhaps an indication of how long they’ve been in stock at Pasteurs or just how dry a soap Murphy&Mcneil make? Hopefully they’ll improve when lathered. Regardless I take wait to try them out! Expect a clear out on the BST to make room!
How much did all that set you back?

nice fresh, lemony scent. definitely go for it. the wars cream and splash are excellent too. get those while you're there. the bond fresh is not as good as either so I'd skip that.
Many thanks - I had been looking at the various Bond shaving creams to make up the £19, but will give those a miss!

April acquisition as a treat for myself. Seeing as I was in the vicinity, I visited the Truefitt and Hill shop. Don't think I'd pay for the 'Grooming Experience', a tad expensiveas far as I'm concerned!
I did however buy a few things

Attachments

• 20230426_105555.jpg
    20230426_105555.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom