Shaving Acquisitions Jan. 2023

iv
Some Neepsend double edge blades. Never heard of these and nothing on the internet about them; just stuff about the place in Sheffield (Neepsend specifically) that made them.
Had a shave with one today and initial impressions are sharp and for a non-coated blade (they are marked simply as stainless steel) pretty good. I have quite a sensitive face so prefer coated blades.
Will update the review spreadsheet in due course and welcome any insight or opinions on these blades. There's already lots of information about Sheffield steel manufacturers.
View attachment 98771View attachment 98772
ive noticed a lot of vintage english blades come from sheffiled, is it due to it being known as the steel city? lool

Finally got the chance to buy a Lambda Athena. I am made up...not mine, but one of these....

View attachment 98908

I saved pound coins for months to be able to afford this. The granddaughter's piggy banks were a bugger to get in to.
Beautiful Chris, I've been on the list for a little while, expecting an email soon, hopefully!

Paul.

Last edited:
Received my confirmation this evening so hopefully get yours soon.

When I first saw these I thought 'Yes. A must have'. My wife thought 'Fuck you'
I've just had an email telling me I'm on the 2023 waiting list but if anyone drops off the 22 list then I will be offered one earlier.
Better start saving! :)

Paul.

Really getting to grips with this 2023 restraint. A great start and may be the most I've spent on shaving for a long long time. God bless £1 coin tins though.

Tins of Condate and Londinium Soaps from Mr Brian.

May be the tonic is for a Twenty Twenty Beard year?

No effing chance

I didn't buy just three blades. I put the others away but here a few I took out. I know @pjgh is a fan of the Rhino. I'm not sure why but the picture of an animal being cut by a blade is one I take some pleasure in seeing.

View attachment 98949

Provided it is not a white rhino you are politically fine.

Met @fly3k today and he convinced me to go into Superdrug with him to check the ongoing Forest Fresh supply issue for himself.
As usual only the pre-shave version was available. Unusually in the space for the aftershave version there was Sierran Breeze aftershave! This stuff I really like too; it's a very sweet breezy smell and two for a fiver.
I can confirm that despite a much wider cap it smells just as good as ever and is a good second choice to the might Forest Fresh.PXL_20230114_194826433.jpg

So grabbed those Nivea Menmalist sensitive liquid shaving craams yesterday and had a mail call today

fancied trying out the Gillette and old spice shading creams, unfortunately the seller only had the musk old spice shaving cream and these are from India originally but a UK seller

Made me laugh when I saw the youtuber Donald youngster (think that's his name) trying out the Dettol shaving cream and I really want to try out the Dettol shaving

Some really cool stuff out there from all over the world

View attachment 98524
I have some of the Dettol shaving cream. Drop me a message if you would like to try it and i will send you a sample

Back
Top Bottom