Shaving and Bomb Disposal

I think the two practices have much in common, you can get them right hundreds of times in a row, but then you become complacent..you only have to make a bad mistake once and you cop for it..

I was in far too much of a rush this morning after getting up late, soaped up in a hurry, new SE blade in my Ever Ready, attacked the face with way too much speed.....oh dear blood everywhere... :roll:

I imagine everyone here can sympathise, trying to DE shave in a rush is a bugger. I cut my top lip a few days ago, only a tiny bit but that was down to rushing too. Stupid me. :roll:

I still hold a Sensor and a stash of cartridges for those days where it's all going against me... I do promise myself that I'll switch if I'm running late, but I don't always follow my own advice. :oops:

Pig Cat said:
For when I'm in a hurry I know my Schick Krona will be fine. It seems to be as safe as a cartridge razor though I haven't actually tried to cut myself with it.

Similar with the Wilkinson Sticky I've tried recently, I think I'd have to be doing something drastically wrong to cut myself with it. The silo doors even extend to cover up the blade tabs at the sides of the blade. I've heard it described as similar to the Krona but maybe a touch more aggressive.

As far as bomb disposal goes, it's easy. Always cut the red wire.

Regarding cutting yourself shaving, I remember one of those e-how videos, where a female experts advice was "just don't." I remember dismissing her at the time, but I suppose that if you take your time and concentrate on not cutting yourself, then chances are that you wont.

I've barely nicked myself & (thus far) not had any real cuts since I started with an SE last summer. My guess is that it's probably the same as when I first taught myself to use an open razor when naked fear inspired total concentration on the task in hand ! It's not that a single edge is intrinsically hazardous ............... just that it still looks such a serious piece of equipment to me.

So, sorry about your experience this morning Prof B, however I've got no doubt that I'll share it presently when I get a tad more blase with the old Ever Ready.

JohnnyO. :shave

I have a couple of ever readys and my least fav is the 1914 as it always seems to want a sample of my blood every time I use it no matter how long I take over the shave :hungrig

Mainly down to complete lack of concentration for me when it goes wrong, people barging into the bathroom etc.

With regards to bomb disposal, id just run into the kitchen and stop the microwave with one second to go :roll:

It happens to all of us from time to time. I was in a rush on my way out last weekend and decided to do some blade buffing on my upper lip after just one pass.
Ended up bleeding from at least a dozen different nicks. Ouch.

PeterFranks said:
For a good DE shave in a hurry try a WS Classic or Feather Popular.

The closest you'll get to an 'easy' cartridge shave with a DE IMO.

Hi there,

About a year ago I sampled one of those Feather Popular razors, and you're right about it being a good one to use in a hurry. I found it to be extremely mild......sorta like a Gillette set between 1-2. Iridiums were tried at first, but even those didn't quite match up right with this razor. Turned out the Feather blade was perfect, and turned the shave into a more pleasurable one.

The Feather Popular actually seems to be a pretty well made item at that low price point. It is very mild though, and will be a bit frustrating for some users. Nice to be able to use a Feather blade with relative safety though.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom