Shaving and Bomb Disposal

Professor Blighty said:
I think the two practices have much in common, you can get them right hundreds of times in a row, but then you become complacent..you only have to make a bad mistake once and you cop for it..

I was in far too much of a rush this morning after getting up late, soaped up in a hurry, new SE blade in my Ever Ready, attacked the face with way too much speed.....oh dear blood everywhere... :roll:

I have done the same..playing "connect the blood spots"..isnt the most enjoyable way to start your day!.... :lol:
Thank Gawd for cold water and AS!!

B

cozzyb said:
I love my Weishi because I really do believe I can not cut myself, small nicks at most, so i can shave quite fast without problems if needed.
I had a Weishi at one point, it got piffed to the Greek, since I had the impression it was not shaving at all, needed 23 passes to get anywhere neer a DFS, let alone a BBS.

Of course, it's mild :D Then again, I'm probably not the right person to evaluate a Weishi :D
And if it works for you, all the better, we're all different!

Max

Perhaps a Feather with a very mild handle can give great results..like I used my Slant 37c and an IP blue n white pack blade made for some REAL smoothness!...these made in Israel blades are chrome/Plat coated so they are VERY forgiving n VERY smooth...gonna give the blade a 2nd try in a few days

B

FrenchBlade said:
cozzyb said:
I love my Weishi because I really do believe I can not cut myself, small nicks at most, so i can shave quite fast without problems if needed.
I had a Weishi at one point, it got piffed to the Greek, since I had the impression it was not shaving at all, needed 23 passes to get anywhere neer a DFS, let alone a BBS.

Of course, it's mild :D Then again, I'm probably not the right person to evaluate a Weishi :D
And if it works for you, all the better, we're all different!

Max

Haha, I can see what you mean about needing multi passes, after 2/3 passes I still have stubble however it is mild.
I do prefer my Merkur Futur as it is amazingly close, but the bite is massive, own quick swipe, 4 cuts minimum, so it is only used on those shaves where I have time.

Just when you think that you have it down pat, you invariably scrape yourself... I've been having trouble-free shaves for ages, right until yesterday when I appear to have scrapped my neck a little. I don't know if it's because I didn't use shave oil (which I have been using recently), or if I just rushed... What I do know is that I was careless and my neck is a timely reminder that you always have to concentrate (at least just a little bit).

You can't take anything for granted.

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom