Shaving and weight loss

I have just lost (by design) 2.5 stone - 35lb - 16kg.

I find my shaving preferences have changed. For a few years I have used the aggressive R41-Feather combination but have recently been finding it rather too harsh.

For the past week I have returned to a Merkur Barbour Pole Slant with Feather and have been using my Slim Adjustable opened right up with Yellow 7 o'clock or Gillette Silver Blues.

Has anyone else found weight to have affected preferences? My face is a good bit thinner - maybe the lack of under skin padding has changed things!

I find it makes things easier when there's less flab, but most people also change their diet when they're trying to get rid of fat and then keep it off, and I think that makes even more of a difference.

I can't stretch my skin, if I lost weight would I be able to? Or does facial skin have elasticity that will just bounce back?

I can't stretch my skin, if I lost weight would I be able to? Or does facial skin have elasticity that will just bounce back?
Depends on how much fat you'd lose.
In my experience, it pays off to work out the neck, in addition to general conditioning, when losing flab. It seems to help skin get into shape and avoid turkey neck while keeping skin supple and elastic.

I have just lost (by design) 2.5 stone - 35lb - 16kg.

I find my shaving preferences have changed. For a few years I have used the aggressive R41-Feather combination but have recently been finding it rather too harsh.

For the past week I have returned to a Merkur Barbour Pole Slant with Feather and have been using my Slim Adjustable opened right up with Yellow 7 o'clock or Gillette Silver Blues.

Has anyone else found weight to have affected preferences? My face is a good bit thinner - maybe the lack of under skin padding has changed things!

I honestly can't see the link.

I also lost a great deal of wait years ago and never felt any difference in my shaving habits at all.

I noticed that I'm not using my R41 over the last year but I attribute that to other razors coming ahead.

It's unusual I use the same razor two shaves in a row, unless it happens to be my new toy.

Back
Top Bottom