shaving ATG

Do you shave against the grain?

• Yes

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.6%

• Total voters
I'm amazed when I look back,I was 17 when I started shaving and sometimes I used to shave a 3,4 day stubble in one ATG pass then some aftershave splash!I'm sure we all have a story to tell.Shaving against the grain is just not possible for some people including myself(regardless of good lather and gentle strokes).Sometimes I wish I could do it and have that real smooth shave,but hey,you can't have everything :oops:

James_uk said:
I'm amazed when I look back,I was 17 when I started shaving and sometimes I used to shave a 3,4 day stubble in one ATG pass then some aftershave splash!I'm sure we all have a story to tell.Shaving against the grain is just not possible for some people including myself(regardless of good lather and gentle strokes).Sometimes I wish I could do it and have that real smooth shave,but hey,you can't have everything :oops:

Yeah, a year goes fast ;). I do ATG, but not on the first pass.

Third pass is against the grain but that's only my weekend shave where I have more time, and even then I just do cheeks, never on the neck.
Weekday work shaves are only 2 passes, WTG and XTG. But due to the weekend thing, I've voted yes.

Mikael said:
James_uk said:

:lol: :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
Mikael said:
James_uk said:

:lol: :lol:

Whatever happened to that cycling fellow we used to rib for being about thirteen?

Fido said:
Fido said:
Can someone remind me how I alter preferences so that I can cast votes in these things?!

Can anyone help?

Go to User Control Panel and choose Board Preferences. The 'standard' board as far as I know is Maxthon, and polls work in this. For a long time I used Getaway Dark Blue so when I moved to Maxthon it was a bit of a shock, but I'm used to it now. It's amazing what you get used to and accept as normal.

Peter, let me know if it still doesn't work and I'll get someone else to help. ;)

Only tried going ATG twice with a DE and both times I had irritation a day or two later as the stubble started growing back through the skin.

I must admit that I am quite surprised by the poll results so far.

Adam D said:
Only tried going ATG twice with a DE and both times I had irritation a day or two later as the stubble started growing back through the skin.

I must admit that I am quite surprised by the poll results so far.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here :)

Still amazed to see we're a minority,does this have something to do with genetics?I mean for instance my dad never shaved against the grain and told me not to when I was a kid,any thoughts?(He used what appeared to be a tech without the piece in the middle,huge blade exposure) :?

Back
Top Bottom