Shaving Bowl Round Two

Looks like there may be a few interested in a second round of The Shaving Room bowls.

For anyone new or who missed the first round I commissioned a local pottery to make a Shaving Room Bowl, and the below was the one we went with. The colours are a local to Bideford North Devon theme and are made in Bideford. He does use many other colours, and I can take a few photos of the other colours in his palette.

What I'll do is run a list and then I will go in and see what they can do again. He quite enjoyed making these as it was something he hadn't done before, so I expect a good reception from him. It was a little difficult at first as his sister deals with the shop, it took a lot of explanation. But this time I'm sure it will be an easier process.

Price last time worked out at around £13 posted recorded and inc PayPal fees. I don't think the postage as gone up any for that sized parcel and I will check with the potter on price again. BUT ! I had a whole load of packing which I haven't got as much of this time so I may need to source some which may put it up a little. I'm sure most will acknowledge safe receipt, when they managed to get through the tape ! lol !

33f1731ec8afe620001f5b56a85b69b1.jpg
ce49db632c9522a6128bc4a988f1a38f.jpg
a5991dfeba41f4f02e1cf9f7a6f640ab.jpg
6c9e992d7a45a0a378f1b6d830c865fc.jpg
1f0d972df17333a9d941b15349014034.jpg

As usual please cut and paste a list

I have some suggestions for The Shaving Room Bowl - project #2, based on use and experience, if I may be so bold!

- could it have a slightly greater diameter?
- could it have a ridged top rim (i.e. to keep lather within the bowl)?
- could it be made like a hemisphere (i.e. inside the bowl)?
- could the ridges / indentations extend across the bottom of the inside of the bowl?

Also, fair play to @Northam Saint for rising to the challenge again...:D

I have some suggestions for The Shaving Room Bowl - project #2, based on use and experience, if I may be so bold!

- could it have a slightly greater diameter?
- could it have a ridged top rim (i.e. to keep lather within the bowl)?
- could it be made like a hemisphere (i.e. inside the bowl)?
- could the ridges / indentations extend across the bottom of the inside of the bowl?

Also, fair play to @Northam Saint for rising to the challenge again...:D

Great all taken on board, how much on the diameter ?

Back
Top Bottom