Shaving brushes - which one is the best?

I'm in the market for a new brush, I think it's time to move onto something more luxurious than the one I've got :exclamation:

So, in your honest opinion (And I'll know there will be a few answers) which is the best if I was to say £100?

The newly acquired Fatboy wants a partner!

Over to you!

Thanks

Adam

Plenty of options at that price.

A Simpsons or Shavemac, perhaps custom as well, a nice Silvertip or two-band Vie-Long, a custom from Bill ('beejay'), a Semogue Owners Club two-band, a Thaeter, etc...

I have 3 brushes.
1 New Forest which cost about £35 and is lovely.
1 Le Tuft which cost a bottle of aftershave and is lovely
1 Rod Neep Soapstone which cost £80 and is lovely.

Do i have a favourite? Ummm, no. Currently the Neep is getting the most use, but that'll change come the 1st of March....

I really enjoy my Kent BK8 its big and fabulous lovely and soft with enough back bone for me.

Do you use creams or soap? Do you face lather or bowl? Small or big preference?

The best brush is currently sitting in my bathroom, just next to a tub of Brylcream, on the shelf. You know the one?

But you can't have it.

It's mine.

Lose the beard said:
What brush do you have at present.

I have just got myself a New forest Super Badger from Fido on here and I think it's wonderful. My budget was a bit less than yours though.

+1. I have one of Fidos brushes and the quality is absolutely fantastic. Im actually very interested as to where all the extra money goes on the 100 pound plus brushes.

noobstu said:
Lose the beard said:

I have just got myself a New forest Super Badger from Fido on here and I think it's wonderful. My budget was a bit less than yours though.

+1. I have one of Fidos brushes and the quality is absolutely fantastic. Im actually very interested as to where all the extra money goes on the 100 pound plus brushes.

Typically I'd say it would be labour and methods used to make the brush, overheads, marketing, the cost of buying the brand and the materials used.

noobstu said:
Lose the beard said:

Fido cuts out the middle man. Brand name, maybe they use different resins? Labor costs in the country that lathes the handles & glues in the hair.

joe mcclaine said:
, just next to a tub of Brylcream,

Brylcreem in a tub!!! In original red and white livery? If so, where do you get it.
I have been looking for the original (white and creamy) stuff for ages. The newer version in a 'bathroom type tube' just doesn't do my DA/quiff any favours.

Back
Top Bottom