Shaving in warmer climates

This is something that always happened when shaving abroad whilst on holiday and in the days of using disposables, Mach 3's or Wilkinson Swords etc etc and lathering with tinned foam or gel. Every shave i made it was sensational and so smooth with no irritation whatsoever, infact it was as good as what I'm getting at home using DE shaving.

Does this happen to others on here. I think it may be something to do with the heat on my skin or it could be down to the water.

As soon as i got home to Scotland it was back to the neck rashes and cuts.

Anyone share the same experiences as me :lol:

Hi
I have noticed this too. I have put it down to the warmth / sweating when sunbathing, swimming etc. I think maybe applying sun tan lotion several times a day has a lot to do with it. My shaves at the end of a day sunbathing are much better than back home in sunny Glasgow.

Regards

It does seem to be that warmer temperatures help... maybe the skin stays more relaxed. I think humidity may well play a part too.

Heat and moisture are always good, there is nothing worse than shaving in a cold bathroom with tepid water. :x

If you feel your skin is taught, or dry because of our changeable weather in the UK, use a night-time moisturiser before going to bed, in the morning your skin will feel baby soft and the shave will be different. If you want I can send you some to try.

The extra dose of anti bacterial UV light is going to help too.

Not quite related but when I started rinsing with very warm water only I saw a noticeable improvement.

its why im set up for shaving IN the shower... its warm, its humid and always results in better feeling shaves. The ones i do in front of the mirror at the sink, are never as close, and always feel just a bit ragged.

I noticed that my shaves started becoming poorer when the central heating went on virtually full time last Autumn.

The humidity dropped and so did the quality of my shaves.

shrink said:
its why im set up for shaving IN the shower... its warm, its humid and always results in better feeling shaves. The ones i do in front of the mirror at the sink, are never as close, and always feel just a bit ragged.

If you have a cold bathroom I suppose that would be beneficial.

What I meant was that rinsing with warm water post shave rather than cold seemed to alleviate the next day irritation I used to suffer from when the beard starts breaking through.

Closeness or perceived closeness isn't something I'm that concerned about, half an hour later your beard has seemingly reduced even further when the skin returns to normal temp and hydration level.

antdad said:
shrink said:

If you have a cold bathroom I suppose that would be beneficial.

What I meant was that rinsing with warm water post shave rather than cold seemed to alleviate the next day irritation I used to suffer from when the beard starts breaking through.

Closeness or perceived closeness isn't something I'm that concerned about, half an hour later your beard has seemingly reduced even further when the skin returns to normal temp and hydration level.

Plus 1 AD

I rinse with water as hot as I can stand it and finish with a hot flannel before a cold rinse. Perhaps the hot water and the flannel are more effective in removing remaining lather.

I also have noticed my face is smoother 30mins after shaving, thought it was just me.

Regards

I actually cut the cold rinse out completely, I do use witch hazel and that seems to do enough pore tightening for my skin.

It was getting a bit silly at one stage, hw rinse, cw rinse, alum, cw rinse, wh, as, ab so now its

just hw rinse followed by witch hazel occasionally followed by an AS or AB depending on what I fancy.

Back
Top Bottom