Shaving Rituals

I raised my eyebrows at an earlier post. Then thought, I chuck ALL my clothes in the the linen basket before I go in my shower room. Not a pretty sight. But then I don't have any kids or pets about.

As a newbie I have not developed enough time for rituals yet I guess.
But I am doing things already in acertain order and without prompting I fill the sink soak brush and place in razor.
Before this I've taken to palm stroppingmy blade!!! I think it works.
My wife isconvinced I've gone over the edge. I'm saving the black candle and inverted crucifix for later...
Cheers
Timslick

I always shaved in the nude as i shave after having a bath. But since switching to a de i've had to start wearing boxers at a minimum as i'm seven foot tall "i'm" above the sink level and when flicking off excess water from the blade i did nudge myself once so that was all the warning i needed

Cookyperm said:
I always shaved in the nude as i shave after having a bath. But since switching to a de i've had to start wearing boxers at a minimum as i'm seven foot tall "i'm" above the sink level and when flicking off excess water from the blade i did nudge myself once so that was all the warning i needed

Seven feet tall?!?!? How do you reach your own face?

I always have shaved in my face in a set order, which is not really noteworthy or weird. The one thing that I DO that is a bit strange is that I rinse my face, I have to spash it an even number of times.

Ian

Never shave in the nude in case that razor drop one day, sometimes shave in the shower which is close.

As for rituals it is fill sink and leave razor in to heat, and hand stopping a new blade three times each side. Makes no difference but it is something I have done for so long now that it would not feel right without it.

Audiolab said:
Never shave in the nude in case that razor drop one day, sometimes shave in the shower which is close.

As for rituals it is fill sink and leave razor in to heat, and hand stopping a new blade three times each side. Makes no difference but it is something I have done for so long now that it would not feel right without it.

you shower with clothes on :?

My God, I´ve got to many. I managed to stop bringing out the Proraso gel, but only becuase I´ve got so many other things to manage :lol:

Nude, check
Wipe of blade (+ padd dry the edge) between re lathering, check
Shave face in the right order, check
Funny stropping rutine, check
Taking SOTD pictures of my gear, check

I don´t get nevouse though, if I don´t do any of the above ... if I didn´t do them :lol:

pedro083 said:
Audiolab said:

you shower with clothes on :?

I take the risk when shaving in the shower but yeah the risk is still there :shock:

My only ritual is to never let my face dry, so at the end of the shower I let the hot water soak my face for 30 seconds, get out, re-fill the sink and remove my brush/razor/mug, while the sink is re-filling, dry off my body. With the sink now full I wet my face again and the proceed with lather/shave

Back
Top Bottom