Shaving Time

Shaving Time
Shaving Time will close by the end of October 2023
Thank you to all my customers for supporting Shaving Time from its inception in 2012. The last 11 years running Shaving Time and serving you has been a joy to me. I have had many interactions with customers via chat, email and telephone and have also made some friends along the way.
Without your continued custom, I would have been unable to spread the glory that is traditional shaving to the UK, Europe, The World, infinity and beyond...
In 2021 I was able to finally take Shaving Time to a full time operation and leave my IT career behind, however (big sigh!) recent world events have stunted Shaving Time's growth and sales. Our success has been decimated by Brexit, when our European sales vanished overnight and secondly when Russia invaded Ukraine.
As time has progressed with inflation, fuel costs and interest rate rises, I now have no alternative but to close the business as it is no longer financially viable.
All prices have been reduced by 20% to clear.
Time for me to find a job again!
Best wishes
Dave McMillan​
Shaving Time
Unit G2 Frogs Hall Farm
Bambers Green
Takeley
CM22 6PE
United Kingdom​
© 2023 Shaving Time​

Never had anything but exceptional service, with a great range of products. Yet another good and reliable source for things that I want to buy goes, and I really wonder how we've managed to get ourselves to a state where a long-standing business like Shaving Time is driven to quit.

Never had anything but exceptional service, with a great range of products. Yet another good and reliable source for things that I want to buy goes, and I really wonder how we've managed to get ourselves to a state where a long-standing business like Shaving Time is driven to quit.
Perhaps the note from the store site that shows when you select Brands > Henson gives a glimpse of the type of issues that I imagine are just accumulating these days: "Shaving Time have temporarily suspended importing Henson razors while we sort some Customs import problems with delays and restrictions imposed by the new UK Dangerous weapons Act 2019 with regards to importing Double Edged Razor Blades."

Perhaps the note from the store site that shows when you select Brands > Henson gives a glimpse of the type of issues that I imagine are just accumulating these days: "Shaving Time have temporarily suspended importing Henson razors while we sort some Customs import problems with delays and restrictions imposed by the new UK Dangerous weapons Act 2019 with regards to importing Double Edged Razor Blades."
Absolutely absurd. Most DE razors don't come loaded with a blade anyway, but I suppose the combination of halfwitted politicians and "civil servants" don't see this. In general, just about everyone and everything in the UK seems to have forgotten the twin laws of "Cause and Effect" and "Unintended Consequences".

I had a conversation with Dave by email earlier in the week and this is what he wrote me - "My latest UK order has been refused by customs because it contained Schick razor blades sleeves (36) , so it's on its way back. We will sort something out to get the order back in." FWIW, I totally agree with Ferrum's last post, complete fuckup all around.

Dave is a decent bloke, and the customer service offered by ST is second to none and they also carry a decent selection of shaving gear.

It's a shame to see individual companies like this go when they put in so much hard work. I hope this wont be the start of things to come in the shaving world.
Reading the import restrictions on blades is worrying. Perhaps we should all stock up before blades can't enter the country anymore.

It's a shame to see individual companies like this go when they put in so much hard work. I hope this wont be the start of things to come in the shaving world.
Reading the import restrictions on blades is worrying. Perhaps we should all stock up before blades can't enter the country anymore.
The scenario isn't as bad as it seems as I have had similar issues with Rockwell.

The shipper has to tick a box on the manifest to highlight the dangerous goods, if they don't customs get bent out of shape and reject (I have had this twice). However, once the box ticked we have had no such issues, the parcel just has to be received and signed for by a person over the age of 18.

Worse still, one of my own favourite sites, Shaving Shack, pitched in with Shaving Time a few months ago. Perhaps they thought together they could ride the storm. Now both are gone. Shaving Shack had more money from me than any other shaving site.

Back
Top Bottom